[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about being raised by a single mother/shitty father
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1460263780496.png (308 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1460263780496.png
308 KB, 500x368
What is it about being raised by a single mother/shitty father that at least partially leads to being totally inept with women?
>>
>>17148310
your personality is the copy of the people around you when youre 3 - 9 years old
>>
Absolutely nothing. People just like to make single mothers feel bad because of their own beliefs without giving thought to their situations.

Provided you don't exclude yourself from others, you'll grow up just fine. Hypersensitivity to random bullshit like this is only going to distract you from your real issues.
>>
>>17148340
Don't listen to this fucker. Being a raised by a single mom will fuck you up more so if you are a male. Makes need good male role models. If you don't have that your best bet would be to hang out with a bunch of quality guy friends. Masculine guy friends, not metrosexual faggots or fuckboys.
>>
>>17148348
Also give No More Mr. Nice Guy a read by Robert A. Glover.
>>
Uh... I don't think Bill Clinton had any trouble getting babes. Maybe not the best example. Obama seems pretty successful and happy...

Is it because they're both really tall?
>>
>>17148340
>Absolutely nothing

nope

>>17148310
>What is it about being raised by a single mother/shitty father that at least partially leads to being totally inept with women

kids learn from their parents. if you had a beta loser dad chances are youll emulate that.

If your raised by a single mother chances are youll grow up without any positive and realistic mascuine influence on your life.

You see this big time in american rap culture, boys with no father figure will beleive that masculinity is what they see in rap videos or what their peers display.

In the case of the beta child of a single mother, im guessing that he simply diminishes himself in order to appease his mother, who may be bitter that his father left her or even worse, makes the son her "boyfreind".
>>
File: 1453981283881.jpg (70 KB, 526x701) Image search: [Google]
1453981283881.jpg
70 KB, 526x701
>>17148340

it's not a particularly demonizing standpoint like a lot of people make it out to be. the simple truth is that boys need masculine figures to guide them, whether that's a father, a step father, or close male friends. and no matter how wonderful a mother is, she is not a man, and a woman does not know how to raise a boy into a man.

it's not always something they do purposefully. but the way that they were raised and the way society treats them as women is fundamentally different than the way it treats men. what happens is these boys get raised through the paradigm of a woman's worldview, whether purposefully or unintentionally, and this has many subtle influences on the way a boy perceives the world when there isn't a masculine figure to balance it out. in extreme cases of this some boys will turn to any masculine influence they can find just to fill the void, and this is the primary attractiveness of gangs.

there's also the idea that women try to mold their sons into what they personally believe they would want in a man. in essence, they're trying to "fix" their son or guide him away from what they believe to be faults in either their ex-spouse or men in general. and this usually results in either timid men who only know how to please women per stereotypical "nice guy" rhetoric, or bitter misogynists who reject the ideas put forth by women completely, and neither of these are attractive to women.
>>
Women give pretty shitty advice on how to deal with other women imo. While I love my mother, I've learned almost all of the advice she gave me was crap relating to dating.

If she was my only parent, god knows how much worse off I would be.
>>
>>17148340
Except there is a problem. After race, the next best indicator of crime is familial status for instance. The lack of a stable family is not an insignificant issue.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.