[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fear of success
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: carl jung.jpg (31 KB, 236x367) Image search: [Google]
carl jung.jpg
31 KB, 236x367
Hey I have a problem. I figured out this way to power up myself and it changes everything. Everybody reacts to me differently, I can change my entire life. Its not a super natural technique or anything it is just something I discovered. The problem is that I have been a lonely nerd my whole life and im afraid of the big change. I am able to turn the high energy off easily but its hard to turn it back on afterwards. So I have to commit to it the next time I take the time to actually turn it back on. Since I was kind of a loser my whole life im afraid of the change that will come. Even though it is all going to be 'positive' changes it is still scary how much everything will change. My life wont be the same anymore and I will probably lose some small things that I enjoyed before. There is a part of me that is very much ready to let go and change but another part of me is so afraid of success. See the thing about failure is that you can always go back and try again, but success is permanent you can never go back.

How should I go about this change?
>>
>>17147532
Just embrace the change. Don't be scared that things are going to change, a monotonous life is not what you want. I used to be scared of change to until I learned to embrace chaos and uncertainty
>>
>>17147532
Also how do you power up?
>>
hey man I'm with you. I've been on and off trying to power up for a few years now but eventually cracking under the fear of my own raw potential.

I think it is important we find and surround ourselves with people that want us to power up, not people that "don't care you're awesome how you are"
>>
>>17147553
It's a yoga thing. Basically if you can feel the same way as somebody else than you will attract the same things. Everything else doesn't matter as long as you feel the same way that they do. But it's not that simple to figure out how to feel like these powerful people. I've been researching and experimenting for years and now I finally figured out the formula. I'm scared because I have never felt important in my entire life.
>>
>>17147592
So you're pretending to be someone else very aggressively?
>>
>>17147599
What?
>>
>>17147599
I'm sorry I meant to say. If you can feel the same way as other successful people. I'm still going to be myself I'm just going to feel a certain way that other successful people feel.
>>
>>17147605
Why are you seeking power outside yourself. Find the strength within
>>
Bumping because relevant
>>
You lost me man. The other person here is roght, you are just emulating other people emotions. You aren't letting others change you, you are simply putting on a facade and that facade is how YOU THINK they act. No part of what you said is looking to these people as a mentor to better yourself.

At best people are going to like you but you keep you behind them, at worst they'll call you out for being the fraud you are. There is no outcome that puts you in power over others.
>>
>>17147532
I'm very similar in a way, and the trigger for me is usually spacial, in the sense that some places evoke the "power" you mentioned, while others entice me to get back to my old self. I'm also afraid of the big leap, mostly because of the fact that I spent god knows how many years in this lethargic state I find myself in, and that made me grow accustomed to this kind of life. It feels comfy. Now, I think the change should be radical, and I say that from experience. Right now I'm on this "on/off" phase in my life, where I notice I can suddenly evoke this energy I can indeterminately draw from, but also slip back into my old, powerless self for some periods. It's like having two different personalities, rather than turning on a power, but I get why you used that analogy. I don't have all that yoga stuff you mentioned going on, and it has more to do with how I feel rather than trying to mimic others' feelings, but in practice it seems to have a similar effect. From this Tuesday onward I plan on trying to "kill" my old, lethargic self and give complete liberty and supremacy to this newfound self I occasionally come across. This is just my two cents based on my perspective on the general topic. I disagree with you about a lot of what you said, and as others mentioned, becoming a simulacrum of successful people is not the way to go about it. Also, in my opinion your perspective on success and failure is extremely distorted as well.
>>
>>17147632
>>17147738
>>17147748
You guys are totally misunderstanding me. If you saw what I was doing you'd understand. I'm just saying that people who are happy and successful are not special in any way they just have a more meditative state. For example a hot girl feels this way because she received validation for her entire life so she retained the same emotional state from when she was a child. Me on the other hand I have suffered a lot so I created blockages in my state. I found a way to remove all of these blockages so I can feel the same way as a hot girl or popular cool guy. I'm not copying people's words or actions, I'm just using those people as examples. The energy comes from me. The role of these other people is that I was able to better learn from it through them. My experiments were basically me powering up to see if these strong people react differently. I don't even do anything different I'm just powered up. I'm not faking anything.
>>
>>17147783
I mean I get where you are going with that but theres something just fucking, off about it all.
>>
>>17147783
I'm a hot girl who people shit on for being hot. Grow up.
>>
>>17148283
Your probably not even hot then.
>>
>>17147532
Can you tell us what is the exact tecnique? Im pretty curious myself. If that type of power was useful to you in your context, maybe i can use it too.
>>
>muh law of attraction
>muh hidden power energy

You guys need to get out more
>>
>>17147783
Is cocaine the secret to what powers you up?

If so, me too

If not, I am doubtful that you could sustain the power up long enough to become truly successful
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.