[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mom has lung cancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 20160429_23_34_19.png (11 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
20160429_23_34_19.png
11 KB, 226x223
I don't really talk to my mother, she's bipolar and has shitty boundaries. I always sort of despised her growing up because she was such a weak person that I practically raised myself.

Turns out after talking to her recently she's been getting chemotherapy for cancerous lung nodules and has been short of breath latel, coughing and whatnot. Shes the type that believes prayer will help heal her cancer.

Anyway I guess I'm wondering what kind of life expectancy anyone might have seen as far as this goes. I have mixed feels about it but will at least try to be somewhat supportive as much as I can without things turning toxic.
>>
>>17147020
depends entirely on how agressive the cancer is. Wether it will spread in the body or not.
If its true what you said about your mom then I guarantee you that things will become toxic rather soon.

Sorry for you
>>
>>17147043

Is it wrong to sort of look forward to her passing away?
>>
>>17147350
yes
>>
File: infographic2-big.jpg (434 KB, 765x1180) Image search: [Google]
infographic2-big.jpg
434 KB, 765x1180
>>17147350
That is the only reasonable option to do. But by doing so you can prevent your own psychic collapse when she dies. It can last weeks, months, years.

Anyway you can try to talk to her doctors. Since you are the closest relative possible they should have to talk to you about it. They can give you some precise info 4chan is unable to do.

Does she smoke? Or how do you think she got it in the first place?
>>
>>17147399

I sort of believe your general outlook on life is closely linked to your health, and she's been a shitty person in a lot of ways, so I would say being shitty gave her cancer. Also remodeling a house with lead paint probably contributed to it.

How does one grieve a person who has a personality disorder?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.