[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is My Major Good in the Real World? (MIS)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: MIS.jpg (86 KB, 730x305) Image search: [Google]
MIS.jpg
86 KB, 730x305
I am Planning to major in MIS (Management for Information Systems). It is an Information Systems degree with a tie into business. Does anyone know about this?
>>
Yes. That and supply chain logistics are the top tier business degrees on the market right now.
>>
>>17146955
Do you know anyone who is in this field? Everyone I talk to are a year or two ahead of me in schooling
>>
>>17146966

Yes. I did my undergrad at the U of A. Sam Walton school of business there is a top tier business school nationally, they're consistently in the top 5 or 10. Lots of people I know got into MIS. A lot of them fast tracked into Walmart etc due to their connections.
>>
>>17146978
Does it pay well? I'm a sophomore right now and my university is a top 40 for the school of business in the nation so it's not the best but almost anywhere in the US would know it
>>
>>17147009

There are 9 degrees that are most likely to propel you up to six figures. Five of them are engineering disciplines. One is international relations. Another is finance iirc. But the last two? MIS and supply chain logistics.

You're good.
>>
>>17147052
Are the hours usually 9-5 or not deviate much from it? Main reason I moved away from accounting was the crazy long hours
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.