[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cillian murphy looks a lot like the guy I lost my virginity to,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Cillian murphy looks a lot like the guy I lost my virginity to, whenever I see an image of Cillian Murphy I get horrible, uncomfortable flashbacks. It wasn't rape or anything, just horrifically awkward

Is there a way to enjoy Cillian Murphy films or browse /tv/ without the fear of getting triggered?
>>
The first is awkward for everyone, get over yourself. None of you did anything wrong.
>>
>>17146860
But at least other people can forget it while I have to deal with the cringe on a regular basis
>>
>>17146856
Don't browse /tv/ or disable the OP's pic, I have never seen the guy or any of his movies so I doubt it would be that hard to avoid seeing his face.
>>
>>17146864
I live in the UK so he's on all the time, can't avoid his face if I want to watch on demand shows

He's in a lot of big movies too
>>
As per usual, people trying to block things out rather than accept them.

It's no wonder we live in such a neurotic society.
>>
>>17146863
That's why you need to get over yourself. There is nothing cringey about having first time awkward sex.
>>
>>17146865
Have sex with the actor himself, it will reassociate your memory.
>>
>>17146917
Or fuck the guy again? He'd be up for it I think
>>
>>17146860
>get over yourself
This and only this. Shit happens. You fucking deal with it and move on with your life. Getting triggered by anything just makes you an emotionally immature retard. Be better than that.
>>
>>17147027
Ok so how do I deal with it
>>
psychological advice question

that is a projection
I'm sure he has similarities to your first "boyfriend", but that is classic projection
>>
>>17147125
Lol he wasn't my boyfriend

It's literal physical resemblance
>>
That feel when going to have to have awkward embarassing first time sex at 24 at the least
>>
>>17147129
did you ask for advice or did you just want to talk about yourself?

so far what the boy was to you is irrelevant, aside from the fact you are clearly projecting him on to this celebrity

which is a first world problem if I've ever seen one

there must be some reason that you are projecting him on to this celebrity, something that actually is significant underneath

>but they resemble each other!?
no that's absolute horse shit. they have similarities, sure, but that is not what resemblance is.

forget about the celebrity, address what feelings you have about the person who took your virginity, and look up what projection is
>>
I've had a similar issue, OP
Joke with your friends about it. Helped me a lot
>>
>>17147190
What is resemblance then?

What do you mean by address my feelings about him? I have certain views on him, but there's no way to address them, they just "are".
>>
>>17147205
>>17147205
>>17147205
sorry for the semantics but I'm trying to use them to help. resemblance is when two things or traits they have are identical. what you're thinking of is the word similar.

saying they resemble each other could be a simple miswording, but I'm pretty sure it's a nonsensical thing that you said because of how you are projecting the image of the guy who took your virginity onto this celeb.

Someone who was not having an issue with the guy who took their virginity would say, "He looks like anon!" not "Is that anon on the television!?"

>what do you mean address my feelings about him?
I'd follow up with more questions, but then I should probably be getting paid

there's probably some significant feeling underneath that drove you to 4chan of all palces for help

>it's not like it was rape or anything
okay so a guy could beat the shit out me and steal everything from me, which would probably bring a tear to the eye of many people

but then I could always say "at least it wasn't rape or anything"

would that nullify what I went through, being robbed and beaten?

>but I wasn't robbed or beaten!
okay, so what happened with the guy who took your virginity then?
>>
>>17147240
Ok well I have personal issues with the way I lost my virginity (not to someone who cared about me), who I lost it to (way out of my league), at the age that I did (super late),

"addressing" these things just isn't really feasible
>>
>>17147255
>"addressing" these things just isn't really feasible
This is an anonymous image board. Can you not stand being called a fag?
>>
>>17147255
So what exactly do you want then?
You say you get triggered by this guy's appearance in movies, you get told you are probably projecting your feelings about someone else onto him. You are told the way to fix this is to address these feelings, but you say you can't address them.

So what exactly do you want from us then? For fuck's sake, either deal with your feelings or just avoid watching movies with that guy in them.
>>
>>17147255
>>17147255
>>17147255
>"addressing" these things just isn't really feasible
something inside you is obviously trying to address it

>>17147267
this anon somewhat has a point
this is one of the safer places to address it, but I would take any response you get here with a whole shaker of salt

you could pay a psych, or continue to see free people playing psych. you seem to be pretty aware of what the problem is.

at this point I would just follow the normal line of questioning like
>I lost my virginity like x, y, and z and it makes me unhappy

okay, why? how?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.