[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying the Engagement Ring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1458702051441.jpg (807 KB, 3000x1875) Image search: [Google]
1458702051441.jpg
807 KB, 3000x1875
So I did my research and have a fairly good and very specific idea what I want to buy my fiancee as an engagement ring.

Do I just google "local jewelry stores" and go to the nearest 4 stores or so and check if they have it/try to buy a ring off of them?

Is that how people do this?
>>
yes

How much are you spending on the ring out of curiosity?
>>
>>17146792
I want to spend about $1900-2100 on the diamond alone and then probably $300-400 on the rest of the ring, so realistically probably about $2400. Using the bluenile.com diamond search thing as if I were going to just buy online, I'm able to find diamonds G color, Ideal cut, VS1 clarity, and about .6-.64 carat size for this range. I realize .6-.64 isn't that big but neither is my budget.

I am hoping I can find the same deals in person if I go to a store.
>>
>>17146788

Look up reviews online, word of mouth from other people is a good source too.

Try to go for a local place or small local chain, avoid those big franchise places like Kay or Jareds. And for fucks sake avoid everything in a mall.
>>
>>17146799
That's a lot of money. I love this man, but wouldn't expect him to spend anything close to this much
>>
>>17146788
http://www.ihatestevensinger.com/
>>
>>17146899
Ok all good tips. Thank you very much. About to go shopping for it now.

>>17147054
Thank you for the website, I'll check this out too.
>>
File: 51RPYB3PERL._SY445_.jpg (33 KB, 307x445) Image search: [Google]
51RPYB3PERL._SY445_.jpg
33 KB, 307x445
Remember, they inflate the list price threefold from the actual value.
>>
>>17146788
Why are you buying her a diamond ring? Really though, why?
>>
>>17147331
>2016
Not buying your girl diamond ring so she can cut glass anywhere anytime.

When her friend will mess with her, she will just scratch her iPhone's screen and write there BITCH.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.