[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop obsessing over a girl? She's married and normally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1411044916639.png (32 KB, 218x206) Image search: [Google]
1411044916639.png
32 KB, 218x206
How do I stop obsessing over a girl? She's married and normally I get completely turned off when I find out a girl has a bf already, but I can't stop thinking about her even when I tell myself she's married and there's no way anything would happen and I wouldn't want anything to happen.

It's completely fucking me up right now, I can hardly think of anything but her and I'm constantly keeping track of what she's doing and I get jealous when anyone but her husband talks to her
>>
>>17146645

You're completely emotionally involved with her. You need to distance yourself for your own good. Nothing good can come of this situation and it's obvious that you can't be just friends with her.

Does she have a history of infidelity?
>>
>>17146661
I don't think she does, I haven't known her for too long really and I wouldn't want to be involved with her while she was still in a relationship. Hell, I try to tell myself that I wouldn't want to even if she split up.

I guess distancing myself would be the best/easiest option, but I'd really not like to lose one a friend when I don't have that many to lose in the first place
>>
>>17146673

She's not your friend anymore, she's a romantic interest, and she's married. If she's got you to this point she's obviously has issues with her marriage and needs additional orbiters around to get the emotional intimacy she requires. In my opinion she is already being unfaithful to her husband and if she can do that to him she can do that to you.

Guard your heart anon.
>>
>>17146682
She doesn't get that much emotional intimacy from me. She talks to other people a lot more than me, it's just really nice when she actually does talk to me. I don't think she actively tries to get orbiters, and they're more friends. I actually hate that I let myself become an orbiter and that's why I'm trying to stop thinking about her as anything other than a friend but it's about as easy as "just b-ing urself :)"
>>
>>17146645
>I can hardly think of anything but her and I'm constantly keeping track of what she's doing and I get jealous when anyone but her husband talks to her
So you're her stalker? Is it because she's pretty? Because it seems unlikely that you've even talked to her... Women generally don't like being stalked.
>>
>>17146695

Are you friends with her in real life or is she an online friend? How did you meet her?
>>
>>17146645
just because somebody talks to you it doesn't mean they will be your lover or even a friend. It's just somebody that talks to you, an acquaintance. What you have is a crush on an acquaintance.

However, married women are the easiest pussy to tap you just don't need any feelings to develop. You or her. You fuck and both go your own way. She doesn't want to leave the relationship and you don't want her. Your problem is you already have a crush so move on.
>>
>>17146709
>>17146707
Online friends, I've met her and her husband in real life
>>
>>17146737
Then how are you constantly keeping track of her? How do you know to be jealous when another guy talks to her? Sounds like a stalker.
>>
>>17146744
Voice and text comms in an online game
>>
>>17146737

So you've met in real life? That makes things a lot more interesting. Does her husband play the same game that you guys play together? You guys must know each other well to have met up in real life. Was it awkward meeting up with her with her husband?

There's something weird going on here, when you spend a lot of time with another person one on one the way you two have it's easy for one side or the other to start getting feelings. Regardless, you've already crossed the line and you seem like you're bordering on obsession. You're probably getting dopamine highs from being around her and once she stops paying attention to you you start crashing and thinking it's jealousy and what not.

You need to protect yourself here anon, I'm serious, you're liable to seriously hurt yourself by getting involved with this woman. I know it seems impossible to create distance with someone that makes you happy but you're going to have to or things will culminate eventually to the inevitable fiery disaster that this can only end up being and it will take you a long time to move on from it. Don't let it get to that point.
>>
>>17146780
We really didn't know each other that well. Hardly ever talk one on one. It's hard to really go into detail about it, but I basically started as an "ironic" creeper towards her, it settled down, became friends but still don't talk much one on one.

Going back to the irl meetup, I was just in the area and the three of us hung out for a day and it wasn't awkward at all and it was really fun. That's why I find it hard to distance myself from both of them and would really like to stay friends.
>>
>>17146800

Then you need to step back from your emotions and realize there's no chance that anything romantic will come from this. You need to focus on finding a girlfriend for yourself instead of lusting after someone you will never have. And trust me, you will never have her, even if she broke up with her husband for you there wouldn't be much of a relationship after something like that happening.

Still, the way you're describing your emotional response at this time I just don't think it's possible for you to be platonic friends with her. You need to let go quite a bit if you want seriously stay friend with her. Treat her like a guy friend that live away from you. How often do you talk to them? Once every few weeks or so at the most right? That's probably a healthy level of communication between two friends that are not within physical proximity to one another.
>>
>>17146831
I keep telling myself I don't want anything romantic from it. I don't really. I'd prefer to be friends. As someone who doesn't have many friends in the first place, and after meeting booth of them irl, I wouldn't want to do anything to get in the way of a friendship.

The 3 of us are in voice comms daily with the other people who play the same game so we usually talk pretty often, just not in a one on one environment.
>>
>>17146837

That seems healthy enough, I thought it was a lot of one on one chatting which is a pretty big red flag. Still, your feelings aren't healthy, you're going to have to find a way to deal with that. It seems like you have a decent connection with her and her husband but it will never be more than what it is now.

I'm interested in your story because I have a real life friend of mine who ended up in a similar position as you with a married female friend that he met playing WoW. They were friends for awhile but he ended up meeting up and having sex with her on numerous occasions which ended up ruining their marriage because she couldn't lie to her husband after the guilt became too much.

Good luck anon, you seem like a good guy, most people from 4chan would be trying to find a way to have sex with their female friends. Try to step back and look at the situation objectively, I know it's hard but it's what you have to do.
>>
>>17146837
OMG. The cringe ITT!
Please get a life. Go out. Find other hobbies. You'll be surprised how fast you'll get to know to a lot of other people including very nice interesting girls who ARE single.
>>
>>17146907
Yeah, I know what I need to do, I just gotta do it. Thanks for the help
>>
>>17146914

How is this cringey? Things like this happening all the time. People get married to people they meet playing MMOs, this isn't something out of the ordinary for someone to fall for a person they're playing a game with.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.