[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to literally live your entire life in a constant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 640x1136
Is it possible to literally live your entire life in a constant state of stress? Is it possible to have permanent stress for literally no reason?

90% of my problems could apparently be caused by stress, and I have no sources of stress in my life. This is just the normal way I always feel.

How do you reduce stress when there's literally no cause of stress?????
>>
>>17146640
>Is it possible to literally live your entire life in a constant state of stress? Is it possible to have permanent stress for literally no reason?
Yes, it's called GAD.

>How do you reduce stress when there's literally no cause of stress?????
You go to a doctor and get medication for it.
>>
>>17146648
I've been diagnosed with depression and left untreated for like 4-5 times now.

How do I convince them that I actually have a problem that needs to be treated, and actually GET treatment?
>>
>>17146653
Go to a different doctor.
If you've been to 3 and they all say the same thing, do what they say.
>>
>>17146749
All of these times were by different professionals and all but one happened when I was a minor.

I'm already in line for a shrink for something else, do you think a physical doctor could prescribe me anything?

Can I just call them like "hello I have permanent stress for no reason, I would like to make an appointment" and get pills?
>>
>>17146764
>All of these times were by different professionals
What kind of professionals? Psychologists aren't doctors, they can't prescribe medication (they can't officially diagnose, order, or prescribe anything).

>I'm already in line for a shrink for something else
What something else exactly? In psychiatry, things are almost never unrelated.

>do you think a physical doctor could prescribe me anything?
Yes, but they tend not to do it unless necessary and with help of psychiatrist (eg insurance will only cover 3 meetings a year with psych so the GP prescribes the meds between those meetings).

>Can I just call them like "hello I have permanent stress for no reason, I would like to make an appointment" and get pills?
Nope, they'll send you to a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17146783
I was supposed to get into gender reassignment treatments but the process is being halted while I'm being assigned a shrink because I cut myself, but it's taking a long time for them to find one, and the whole process being halted makes me really, really, really want to cut myself.
>>
>>17146796
I'm guessing your life situation right now is causing this, you have plenty of stress without even getting into problems like GAD.

Even if you've had this problem since childhood, it's hard as hell to fix when there's other shit going on, which makes it impossible to distinguish the external stress from any internal issue.
Gotta get that done first.
>>
>>17146845
>Gotta get that done first.
I'm trying and trying as hard as I can but every time I call them they tell me they are doing their best and there is nothing I can do now but wait.

Trying not to kill myself becomes harder every day and I'm starting to run out of straws to grasp.
>>
>>17146764
Yes, thats what i did. Im getting better but i still fucking hate my life
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.