[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi adv, I'm 27 years old, have a light form of autism, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Hi adv, I'm 27 years old, have a light form of autism, and i'm currently working part time as a factory packer. But its a dead end job, I make a bit less than a1000 each month, and my earnings are partially payed by the goverment because of my disability. I talked with my boss the other day, and they said that even if I work full time, i would make the same amount of money. I would like to earn more money to save up, and to help out my family. But i'm note sure what my options are. I was told I should invest some money, and I would like to look for something that pays more. But I think i'm stuck in that area of minimum wage jobs.
>>
What are you good at?
What are your symptoms?
>>
Go to school.
>>
>>17146423

I don't really have symptons as far as I know, I'm a bit slower at understanding things, and sometimes its hard for me to explain myself. My current job says they calculated I work about 60% of what a normal person without autism would work. They do say that they like that i work slowly at times, cuase i get things done right instead of quickly rushing things.

>>17146446

Unfortunatly School isn't an option for me right now
>>
>>17146419
You say that you can do a simple job well once it's explained to you and that you work slowly but methodically. Obviously you would not be good with a job that needed quick thinking in constantly changing situations, like retail sales.

But there are jobs that are relatively slow-moving and pretty much the same day after day. Some assembly line work, office cleaning, warehouse work, etc. The problem is that they tend to be low-paying just because they don't require special skills.

Have you seen a jobs counselor, perhaps through the government office that subsidizes you? They might be able to suggest other jobs.
>>
<1000 a month and it's not even all your actual pay? you're working for free, quit that shit. you can't believe anything your current employer tells you.
if you think you can pick up the pack for 9 or 10 dollars an hour that's a job plenty of people have.
>>
>>17146486

Yeah maybe I should check with them first, since most of my earnings comes from them. And they have certain regulations about earning more and switching jobs.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.