[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Male balding thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Any guys out there that found the cause of their balding and successfully reverted it ?

Im 26. My hair started falling out about half a year ago, and while stress might be the cause, since I moved to another city and work my first real job, I think I had more stress in life before, and my hair was fine. I dont think its genetics, since my dad started balding after his 40s. Last thing, I got my TSH (thyroid gland hormone) levels measured and they were within the normal range, although slightly low (0.841, the norm is within 0.55 - 4.78). So that should be working normally.

This leaves me without clues though.
>>
It could be stress or it could be your diet too. I'm a girl whose hair started thinning last year and I'm pretty sure it was both of those things
>>
>>17145712
What did you eat that was bad ?
>>
22 male here. Currently having early stages of MPB. Try seeing a dermatologist but I suggest you not to take Propecia if he offers it to you because there's a slight chance it'll fuck you up.
If all else fails-Wait for the point of no return, then shave it all and grow a goatee.
>>
Just shave your head. It's beyond pathetic seeing a man clinging to his last bit of hair as it goes and culdesacs are just disgusting. Shave your head and maybe grow a sweet beard.
>>
>>17145727
It's more what I wasn't eating. Wasn't getting enough iron (female, plus I have a genetic condition that predisposes me to an iron deficiency, as well as being vegetarian). I've started taking iron supplements and it's not so much of an issue anymore. Low iron is something they can easily check for, but for you it might not be it since I have that specific combination of circumstances that you don't. Other things like a lack of vitamin D and omega 3 can cause hair loss too, as well as too much vitamin A.
>>
>>17145709
It's X- chromosomal mostly, so look at your mother's father or your mother's mothers father
>>
>>17145860
>>17145870
I have a beard, and my hair isnt so bad now, but at this rate, it could be pretty bald in a year.

>>17145875
My blood tests havent shown any big defficiencies though. I might take iron suplements though.
>>
Believe me, finasteride / minoxidil / Nizoral shampoo are your friends. Most of you don't understand what a sexual death sentence balding is - it throws off your harmony and makes you appear much older than you are.

Don't "shave it all off" just yet - it'll be over at that point.
>>
>>17146913
Can confirm that Nizoral is god-tier for controlling dandruff and seb derm on the scalp (which can also cause hairloss fyi)
>>
>>17146913

Finasteride has the chance to be equally a sexual death sentence.

What about that?
>>
>>17146939
It has less than 1% chance and in 99.9% of the 1% it is reversible.
>>
>>17145709
OP don't listen to these faggots.

FUCKING DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO KEEP YOUR HAIR

finasteride all day.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.