[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started talking to a girl on the internet 6-7 year ago. I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1362937423361.jpg (75 KB, 385x501) Image search: [Google]
1362937423361.jpg
75 KB, 385x501
I started talking to a girl on the internet 6-7 year ago. I really enjoyed talking to her, and we would talk forever and would get this warm feeling in my chest, and I would feel 'happy'. I soon then started to think about her throughout my daily life, while daydreaming on the bus or at work.
I recently just met her for the first time and for the most part everything went good but while sitting down talking to her I felt nothing, no emotions, nothing.
Now after meeting her and feeling nothing I still can't stop thinking about her(we haven't talked much after meeting). I still get these warm happy emotions when I think about her though.
What is happening here?
What is wrong with me?
Why didn't I feel anything when I met her?
Am I broken?
>>
I dont know. When I met my internet qt I couldn't stop smiling and I felt really happy being there with her.

Maybe you loved the idea of her more than the woman
>>
>>17145457
you made up most of her or made her better in your mind, basically you have to spend more time in person for it to merge or for you to decide to move on.
>>
>>17145457

No, Jesus Christ. You're not broken. You've had this fantasy playing out in your head for years now and when it came time to meet face to face, it didn't live up to the hype. You can now accept the reality with this girl as it is now, or move on and develop a fake crush on a new internet girl.
>>
>>17145457
no nothing is wrong with you sometimes people just dont click after meeting them IRL
>>
>>17145457
>Maybe you loved the idea of her more than the woman
Maybe but then why would I still be constantly thinking about her?
>>17145551
>you have to spend more time in person for it to merge
I need to try to make this happen.
>>17145554
>develop a fake crush on a new internet girl.
I'm old now I can't connect with people anymore, I find myself more annoyed talking to 'new' people than anything.
>>
Coming from someone who did exactly this, only things were just as good if not better after meeting, it could be a few things...

As others have said, it could be because you built her up in your head and when you met her, it just wasn't the same. It's your brain feeling disappointment but your heart not wanting to admit it. Now you're away from her, you've gone back to seeing the girl you had in your head before you met her.

You could also be struggling with how physically meeting her made you feel. Most of us are far more confident online than we are face to face, so you probably felt extremely anxious the entire time you were with her, rather than the confident, charismatic person you probably had in your head. This will change the more you see her, as you become more comfortable around each other.

Lastly, you could just not have chemistry with her. It depends a lot on your relationship over the past few years, how much you've spoken, whether you've both been looking for a relationship, etc. Why did it take so long for you guys to meet?

When I met my internet friend (lol) I was ridiculously nervous the first time but still knew we had a great connection. The more we saw each other, the more it developed and now I can't imagine being without them. There were absolutely no expectations though, we'd never even discussed a relationship in the years we'd been speaking and we were meeting as friends.

I would recommend seeing her a few more times and gauging how you feel after that. Meeting someone once is not enough to base a lot of feelings on.
>>
I'd imagine that meeting eachother for the first time after talking for years made you both nervous and it just wasn't like it usually is. I met this cute as fuck girl who added me on facebook because she thought I was hot and she was perfect. Into all types of shit that I was into and super fun to talk to, when we finally hung out, she was awkward as hell and barely spoke because she was nervous as hell. Just hangout with her more.
>>
>>17145872
>Meeting them
>whore
>>
>>17145457
have you pulled it out?
>>
>>17145872
>>17145881
I'll try meeting with her again, I think the first time nerves was the problem.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.