[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /adv/. I'm a lesbian and most of my friends in college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: axj4wrp_700b_v1.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
axj4wrp_700b_v1.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
Hey, /adv/. I'm a lesbian and most of my friends in college are straight (both guys and girls). I like them a lot and we joke all the time about me being a dyke. I don't feel offended at all and kind of like it, actually, because it means that they acknowledge this fact and are comfortable enough to joke about this.
I also make jokes about them, like calling my female friends sluts, whores, etc, and it's all funny to us.

Today I was talking to some people I'm getting to know and mentioned the kind of jokes my friends make. They got really "what the fuck, man" and said I was being opressed and they are being assholes and all that shit.

Am I being opressed? I mean, I don't feel offended at all. Calling me a dyke doesn't feel offensive, because, well, I am one. And they are my friends and I feel they respect me. What do you guys think?
>>
Your new friends are trying to make you offended about things because being offended is the new society we live in
>>
if its done as a joke and it doesn't bother you then its not a problem

if being called a dyke made you feel bad, or you asked them to stop and they didn't then yeah it would be wrong, but that's not whats happening
>>
>>17145407
Are they right about it? I mean, it got me thinking. Am I being disrespected without even knowing?
>>
>>17145418
They don't do it in a "you're a disgusting dyke" manner. Never asked them to stop because I don't feel treated differently.
>>
>>17145419

People poke fun at their friends, sometimes more crude than how others do. It's not inherently good or bad, it's all about perception. Obviously if they meant to be malicious, they wouldn't be your friend to begin with
>>
>>17145419
do your friends disrespect you in any way besides their jokes that you're overtly fine with?

all friends joke about each other with literally no disrespect involved.
>>
Don't let PC assfucks tell you what to be offended about.
Being comfortable enough to joke with each other is a sign of true comfort. Walking on eggshells around each other as if we're all fucking Cujos is not respect.

Also a dyke here, and there are certain friends of mine that I'm not cool with making dyke jokes, because I know there's an actual attitude or ignorance behind it. But there are plenty of other friends where it's anything goes and that's fine because we all know there's nothing behind it and we trust and feel safe with each other.

It's all about your personal relationships. That's why it's illegal to be naked in public where no one has established trust with you to be comfortable that you're not a sex offender, but in private, being naked in front of certain friends is no big deal.

Don't let victim culture go to your head. YOU know if you're comfortable with it.
>>
>>17145419
>Am I being disrespected without even knowing?
Gee I dunno. Are you deliberately disrespecting your female friends by calling them whores and sluts?

I think you are. You sound like a gigantic asshole who is trying to shame your so called "friends". They're not really friends, they're people that you're incredibly hostile to and trying to disguise that hostility with your so called "jokes".
>>
>>17145400
Think about it and come to your own conclusions. The fact that they are joking about it means that something about it is funny in their mind. When I was a kid I belonged in a group of other 3 friends. I was the only black kid there. They oppressed me in ways I didn't know until I became older, a long time after I cut contact with them. Earlier this year I stumbled upon one of those friends on the street, and he actually made a remark about how they were always picking on me back in the day. He actually even asked, rhetorically, why me. I think he knew the answer, he just didn't want to admit. He probably tells himself that the fact that I'm black doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I was the one they picked on. Not blaming them though. We live in a disgusting world where people are taught to step on others based on their differences just to feel better. Sure, you can brush their jokes off as something innocent, but we all know that jokes about something exist for a reason.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.