[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neuropsychological eval.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (862 KB, 3105x1874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
862 KB, 3105x1874
I recently had an evaluation with an iq test and have several diagnoses.

Can anyone interpret what these mean?
>>
>>17144442
You're a faggot
>>
>>17144442
You need to join the Marines and have some sense beatin' into you
>>
>>17144459
No u
>>
>>17144442
not an expert, but looks like you have a minor speech problem, anxiety/depression, minor difficulties functioning at school and home, and some difficulties in math.
>>
>>17144442
Looks like you have some learning disorders related to language and math. ADHD, depression, and anxiety.

GAF means Global Assessment of Functioning and you scored 70/100, which means you have some mild issues functioning normally in society.
>>
>>17144464
What's ironic is I wanted to enlist but was told not to because the military has no supports for mental disabilities.
>>
>>17144483
>What's ironic is I wanted to enlist but was told not to because the military has no supports for mental disabilities.
The DOD is doing some of the best mental health research around these days. It wasn't always that way, and so it is possible that whoever told you this was working from old data. But the uptick in soldier suicides got them spooked, and now they're big into the mental-health thing,
>>
>>17144442
I wanted to study computer science but the math issue may rule that out. I did, however, finish calc 1 with a c+ before doing this.
>>
>>17144585
wow tack on an extra + and you're made
programming is just lots of puzzle solving. what languages do you know/sortof know?
>>
>>17144531
not OP but I also wanted to enlist but didn't bother since I had a diagnosis of depression which is a permanent disqualification however I've been checking out intelligence communities and the DOD recently as potential careers. Do you have any experience with the SF86?
>>
Alright, from top to bottom:

294.9 - Cognitive disorder that's neither dementia nor amnesia
314.01 - ADHD; either Combined type or Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive type
315.31 - Expressive Language Disorder
293.84 - Anxiety disorder due to... (in this case, due to your language disorder)
296.33 - Recurrent Major Depressive disorder w/o Psychotic features

Diagnosis of personality disorders/mental retardation has been deferred

Relevant physical problems: you have a submucuous cleft palate and middle ear problems

Relevant psychosocial and environmental problems: you're transitioning into adulthood and have no idea wtf to do regarding post-secondary education and employment.

You scored 70 out of 100 on a scale where 91-100 is a normal functioning adult and 41-50 is antisocial behaviour or social dysfunction.

So to sum up: you have a minor cleft palate that has led to language/speech issues. You're anxious about these language/speech issues. You're also depressed and bad at math. From Axis IV and the fact that you're posting on 4chan, I'm guessing you're a NEET on top of that.
>>
What >>17144679 said, though frankly that's not exactly deep insight, it's just what it says on the chart in fancy language.

You need to work through these issues with a therapist who has extensive training in developmental disorders.
>>
>>17144442
>Disorders of executive functions including novel problem solving

>Help adv I don't understand this
I don't entirely understand this either, but I did lol

Aren't they supposed to explain this to you, op?
>>
OP here. This chart makes me look retarded, but I also have an IQ of about 130 from the same test. It's kind of a contradiction.
>>
>>17145070
I didn't read that as you having retardation, but yeah, it's a little surprising. High IQ like that doesn't usually correspond with difficulties in abstraction, language, and math.

I'd probably take it more to be that you have a lot of anxiety and poor coping skills.
>>
>>17144442
You have trouble coping with new ideas or problems, you have difficulty expressing yourself clearly, you're more comfortable with precise things than abstracts, you have some trouble with math, and a lot of this stuff combines to make you generally unhappy.
>>
>>17144442
Some psych once thought that I may have a slight executive function problem too, and based on my own google-fu, that's basically an aspect of ADHD or autism, and means that your short term memory is shit. It's like your brain is short on RAM all the time.
>>
>>17145070
It's indeed possible to have a high IQ while having LDs. Your brain is basically min-maxing IRL, if you speak RPG-ese. Try to rely on your strong points, since you're clearly not retarded, just have some clear weaknesses.
>>
>>17144442
My guess is, it means you've been through a lot of shit in your time. Things happen for reasons. If that description is accurate, you have my sympathy, bro.
>>
you're a fucked up piece of garbage.
>>17144531
mental disabilities≠mental health
>>
>>17144589
>>
>>17146038
Who are you, the boy in the bubble? Nut houses are filled with people who have been traumatized into severe mental disabilities, but who are at the same time highly intelligent. It's not even uncommon, really, it's something that a person would naturally be inclined to keep hidden.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.