[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Winning her back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: -(.jpg (8 KB, 241x250) Image search: [Google]
-(.jpg
8 KB, 241x250
Sup /Adv/, recently I have been thinking of getting back into touch with my ex girlfriend, yeah, I know what you're probably thinking but wait. A bit of background first, we had an extremely healthy relationship for about 7-8 months, we were really close and we would talk to each other about our issues (we both have a history of mental health problems) But when I began university I simply didn't have the time or energy to maintain the relationship, so we came to a mutual agreement to end it. I instantly regretted this decision, and still do to this day, I must make it clear that there is no bad blood between us however.
Fast forward 5 months, and I have been talking to her again after a four month hiatus, we get on fine, as if nothing had ever happened. But what do I do to seal the deal and get her back for good /adv/, I really want it to work out, she is all I think about

Thanks for reading
>>
>>17144358
Here's what you do... Move the fuck on, she isn't the same person that you broke the relationship off with, she is different, you are different. You choose school over her and that's not necessarily good, but not bad either. If you do get back shit will go south. If I were you I would maintain the mutual friendship, and find other girls. If you did regret it you would have made it clear already, but it's been half a year.
>>
>>17144393
We still get on as before though, same dynamic and all, is that a good sign or?

Bit of added context: The reason I haven't contacted her for so long was that she told me that we should have some time apart after we broke up, as in her experience, if contact is maintained, then it becomes complicated and jealousy brews
>>
>>17144403
ignore that guy, a person doesn't change in a single year. she may very well have the same feelings for you again and it doesn't hurt to try again if everything was fine and healthy before then. you had to end the relationship for the sake of both your sanity due to the amount of stress you had on your end. that's totally understandable and i'd assume your ex would have understood that and you guys have ended things on good terms.

but don't expect her to not have fucked/dated some other guys in between the period where you guys weren't together. she might even be seeing someone right now. if you're ready to hear and deal with that, then proceed. ask her if she wants to try again.
>>
>>17144411
>a person doesn't change in a single year.
Yes, they do. Eapecially when major life changes occur too.

OP, put the rom-coms down and walk away slowly. This is not going to work. It's over. Let her go.
>>
>>17144411
I've organised a kind of date like situation to 'catch up', planning on coming clean there, is this a good idea?
>>
>>17145958
>is this a good idea?
Not as good as accepting that this relationship is over and letting her go, but probably second-best. She is going to reject you, but perhaps the finality of it all will aid you in accepting that it's over.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.