[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Flags on Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2014-09-25 15.03.35.png (252 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
2014-09-25 15.03.35.png
252 KB, 480x800
To the ladies: Do you think that not having a Facebook or Instagram account is a red flag for a young guy?

I want to leave Facebook and i don't have Instagram. However, i have heard girls think it's suspicious if a guy isn't on Facebook, and i don't want to come across as weird to the girls i meet, so i'm considering wheter or not i should do this.
>>
>>17144283
is that william dafoe from boondock saints?
>>
Instagram no, Facebook potentially. Just make one and never go on it, problem solved.
>>
>>17144283
>>17144290
Why exactly is not having Facebook a red flag? I'm 20 and never had one and have never had any problems
>>
>>17144295
It's not necessarily a red flag, but it is strange. Networking is just as incredibly important as it'll always be, and Facebook serves that purpose. I hate FB myself but I do keep a profile so as not to miss out on keeping in touch with people I meet. You never know when you'll need em.
>>
If you're under 30 and you don't have a facebook it means you some kind of asocial weirdo most likely or some pretentious fag. Doesn't exclusively mean you are one but the odds are greater.

I'm 30 and I don't have have and never have had an instagram, snapchat, or whatever. I just don't keep up with technology as much anymore. I do have a facebook I've had for like 10 years. I post on it maybe once a month. I've gotten lots of friend requests from girls I went to high school with recently. I can get connected with people I haven't talked to in a long time. It's nice.

Just keep your facebook active. You don't have to be a try hard and delete it. It's easier to explain having one you never use than one you deleted/never had.
>>
>>17144297
I feel like if you wanna keep in contact with someone. Give them your phone number, that's what I've always done and I have tons of friends and have had girlfriends in the past. It just seems like an absolute waste of time when you can just be direct.

I feel if you need Facebook in order to stay in touch with me, you're never going to be a real friend to me. I just end up avoiding those types.
>>
Not a red flag, but I'd be a little suspicious if I couldn't keep tabs on you when you aren't around. Then again, I'm the paranoid sort.
>>
>>17144347
>spotted the pretentious fag
>>
I don't see the need for letting the world keep tabs on me constantly, I guess because I'm older, but I don't see any positive to letting random strangers know personal information about me. I have a private Instagram that only my personal friends follow. And if you're using Facebook to "network" that's pretty retarded. I'm not going to network with a anyone using a platform where I can see pictures of them at parties or that they listen to dubstep. I guess I just don't understand the need for letting the world know everything about you. And all of my previous girls Ive dated or have been my girlfriends have all shared this same mindset. Keeping your Facebook active but not using it just to say you have one is fucking retarded, if someone cant handle that you don't have a Facebook do you really want to be around them?
>>
Facebook is gay. Anyone in my life can call me or meet up to talk about whats going on in their life. Most people act really weird on facebook and get incredibly political or whiny and it ruins my perception of them because they never act that way in real life. I got rid of facebook because it was damaging my opinion of people when everyone needs a soapbox.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.