[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC buzzing solving options
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Bzzzzzzzzz.... SNAP!.jpg (59 KB, 320x318) Image search: [Google]
Bzzzzzzzzz.... SNAP!.jpg
59 KB, 320x318
Hi /adv/,

So i have this problem:
I want to record audio on my pc via my headset(jack) but i have a buzz through when recording as well via the "Listen to this device" function in the recording-tab of the sound options. I have tried using different Microphones, headsets and headphones, but none of them seem to remove the buzz. I also used a ADC converter, but that didnt solve it either. After doing research on the internet i found that it might be static coming from the electricity. I then decided to look to see if the static would be gone if i'd use a powerplug that did have ground. This fixed the issue of having static, but brought up a different problem: Where do I place my pc that I dont have static, but viable internet. The pc is currently on my bedroom (static + good internet) and i can place in the garret (top floor) but (no static + bad internet). My father is afraid for electricityleakage which causes (i think) the Ground Fault to pop out frequently. My question is: How can i record my audio without static, whilst having good internet. I know that I can pull a cable to the heater, but that is too dangerous for me (and my father would kill me), nor do i want to buy a wireless microphone. Im from Holland, if it might help, in a house from around 1990.

Any /adv/ice?
(Is this the right board/site to ask this?)
>>
>>17144274
Before you did any of this, did you have access to or around a different computer where you might be able to rule out it was a computer issue; did you try doing everything on a separate computer?
>>
>>17144282
Yes, i had a laptop with the same problem
>>
Is everything hooked to a solo wall power source or extended plugin
>>
>>17144707
If you are asking whether the PC is plugged into the wall directly or via an power extension socket, then I have to say that i tested it both ways, and that in both cases, the static was there
>>
>>17144274
What is "electrictyleakage" and why would having properly grounded electrical outlets -- which INCREASES safety -- be a problem?

I'm also not sure exactly where the source of noise is coming from. If you're using a digital interface on your headphone to the computer (e.g. it's using a USB connector for data transfer, not just power) then it might be an RF radiation problem that you can reduce by wrapping the mic lead around a ferrite core.
>>
>>17145730
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leakage_(electronics)

I believe this is around the thing, im not sure, my father calls it "Aardlek". If this gets too much, the Ground Fault crashes(?) and to create a workaround for that, they break something which is dangerous or something like that...

As for the Headset, im using the TT esports Shock (http://www.ttesports.com/productpage.aspx?p=7&g=ftr#.Vzif15F96Uk) which has an audio port(jack). The problem is with audio plugged in as well as via the converter. Im not quite getting the "RF radiation" thingy, but I get the ferrite core part. How are you seeing such a core on a cable (Homemade or cable extender)
>>
>>17146564
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leakage_(electronics)
This is not an appropriate for what you're talking about (mains electric power) in a house.

If there's a current leak due to a problem in insulation or some other fault in an electrical device, a ground fault means that current is going to a device's case ground.

If it's a grounded case (connected to the earth ground, typically by a properly grounded electrical outlet) then there will be a surge of current that passes safely into the earth and a circuit breaker should cut off the power line before it overheats or causes a dangerous condition.

If there is no proper earth ground, the case ground is "hot" and if a person happens to come into contact with the case ground, unless they are insulated, the PERSON turns into the conduit to the earth ground. This can cause a serious electrical shock that causes injury or death. Again, as the surge in current occurs, hopefully a circuit breaker will cut off power before the person dies, but it doesn't take much AC current passing through the heart to kill someone. Having properly grounded outlets and devices is FOR safety which is why most modern building codes require them.

Your father is a fucking idiot for not wanting properly grounded outlets.

To use a ferrite core, wrap the cord to your headphone several times around the core (toroids are common and make keeping the cord wire in place simple) close to the plug end.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.