[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is wearing band shirts actually a huge nono? A lot of my friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 61xOdhNe9lL._UX385_.jpg (22 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
61xOdhNe9lL._UX385_.jpg
22 KB, 385x385
Is wearing band shirts actually a huge nono? A lot of my friends tell me it is.
>>
>>17144066
Is iron maiden the one where the lead singer is a fag?
>>
if you're past the age of 16 and I assume you are since you're here, then yeah, it's a huge nono.
>>
Actually that depends anon. What context is this in?

Like, if you wear them frequently, that's a no.

If you collect them, that's a no.

If it's at the show or the day after the show, that's also a no.

But if you wear one occasionally in regular rotation that's not a problem, I think. Context and place are everything.
>>
No one cares as long as you're confident about what you're wearing and it's not inappropriate for the place you are.
>>
>>17144078
I wear them pretty much exclusively, it's just always something that's made me insanely happy for some reason. The people who know me have pretty much accepted it as part of who I am. It's just I can't help but feel like it's making literally everyone who doesn't know me not want to (although I don't get why something as simple as a band shirt would be a complete turn off)
>>
>>17144069
That's Judas Preists m8
>>
>>17144069
no, youre thinking of judas priest
>>
>>17144066
Yes how dare you like rock that actually takes talent and hard work to play! Your only supposed to like rap crap that any retard can do.
>>
>>17144103
Actually just starting to find some hiphop that legitimately pulls me in.

I never completely understood why just because you listen to one type of music it means you have to shut yourself out to other kinds
>>
>>17144108
Because people like being clique-y and hating people who aren't like them.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
Thought abou buying this one myself

Thoughts?
>>
>>17144101
>>17144097
are all of the members pedophiles too?
>>
>>17144108
Rap isn't music listen to it if you like it but don't call it music. It takes zero musical talent.
>>
If it makes you happy then go for it, chances are you've been doing so long that it's just a part of who you are. Why would you even wanna be friends with someone who doesn't like who you are?
>>
>>17144115
No, now you're thinking of crunkcore bands

>>17144138
If you think rapping is just talking you're ignorant as fuck m8
>>
Your friends are retarded.

I try to buy an overpriced $30 band shirt at every concert I go to.

Also Iron Maiden rocks. One of the best shows I've ever been to in terms of production and entertainment.
>>
>>17144066
Your friends are fucking faggots.

Get new friends.
>>
Everyday then maybe, ya gotta mix up your clothes. Every other day no fucking problem.

I use to love bad t-shirts but they are usually shit quality and always black.
>>
>>17144176
>>17144173

It's just them trying to make me more appealing to ladies

However I'm realizing now if she's so offput by the idea that I listen to death metal or whatever that she wants nothing to do with me she can just go fuck herself.
>>
>>17144180
Yeah maybe I'll try to go for a little bit of variety.
>>
>>17144191
>>17144195
Nah man having some fashion senses besides band t shirts and jeans is a useful tool in life. A lot of girls won't give a fuck if you listen to band metal or wear the occasional band t shirt but they will care if you dress shit or plainly.

Mix it up and dress nice every so often. Humans are shallow creatures who love a well dressed person this includes men and women, it seems shitty but people will treat you differently if you wear nice clothes and are well groomed.

Wish I knew this shit as a teen when I was actually interested in the opposite sex, now I just dress nice for myself.
>>
>>17144207
Too be fair, there are some people who can pull off nothing but band shirts. OP probably isn't one of them if people are telling him not to though.
>>
>>17144216
>Too be fair, there are some people who can pull off nothing but band shirts.
They tend to be the people who are ruggedly handsome of beautiful like a Godess who could be stylish if they wore a potato sack.

I know a few people who wake up looking 10/10.
>>
>>17144066
I think it depends on the girl?
for me, they aren't exciting or meaningful.

like the other anon said, I'm past 16 and music isn't my life.
>>
>>17144220
I guess I'm just very outward about my interests
>>
File: 1461217635829.gif (928 KB, 400x243) Image search: [Google]
1461217635829.gif
928 KB, 400x243
Wear what you like. If someone doesn't like it, they can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>17144220
I think the most important thing here is why you search for excitement or meaning from an article of clothing.
>>
>>17144220
If anything it's a great way to meet qts who like the same music you do.
>>
>>17144142
It's bastardized poetry played over beats that were sampled from other artists. Not music it can be entertaining but not music.
>>
>>17144239
Meh, I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I still respect it as a form of self expression and a source of enjoyment for people. Yeah, I'd choose Maiden any day of the week, but I'm not an elitist prick about it.
>>
>>17144243
Who says I'm elitist? If I hate rap and like rock I'm am elitist?
>>
>>17144081

This is what kids believe.
Other people can only percieve confidence or lack of. Good style adds to that perception of confidence. Style gives an aura itself.
>>
>>17144250
You seem so ingrained in the whole "me good, you bad" thing. It's all a matter of perspective, and you seem to think your perspective is better than others when in reality when music isn't about being better than x, y, z. It's about enjoyment and self expression and the creating of art, which are all subjective things.

Once you start comprehending and respecting other peoples' viewpoints, people will start doing the same to yours.

Again, I can play quite a few Maiden songs on guitar and bass, but it's about my own self enjoyment and not about being better than others.
>>
Quit conforming. Wear your gang colors with pride.
>>
Stop deciding what you like to do or wear based on what your friends think is "right" or "wrong".

BE YOUR OWN MAN!
>>
>>17144066
I wouldn't worry to much. Just remember context is everything. Also fitting clothes are a must to.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.