[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo /adv/, can anyone tell me if this would work? What kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: received_10209546497518194.jpg (8 KB, 310x213) Image search: [Google]
received_10209546497518194.jpg
8 KB, 310x213
Yo /adv/, can anyone tell me if this would work? What kind of backlash could it have? I was thinking of using my Target REDcard to make a large purchase, but have it tied to an account I hardly use. That way it'll take a few days to process and the account will simply be negative that amount, then I'll steadily pay deposit the balance back in to cover it over the course of a few months. Cheaper and safer than credit or Rent-A-Center, yes?
>>
No. Because your bank will charge you a fee every so often for having a negative balance. This could actually hurt your credit as well in some situations.

There is nothing unsafe about actual credit if you're not a retard with it.
>>
>>17143894
you never ever want your account to be negative if you can help it. there are fees associated with it and quite a few other downsides. don't spend money you don't have unless it's for something really important.
>>
Does the place you're purchasing from offer a credit card? Most have deals with no interest for a year if you purchase over a certain amount.

Can you not get a credit card from your bank? Most banks also offer no interest for up to the first year.

Why are people so afraid of credit cards? You need to build credit by making monthly payments on time. I have 2 credits I use all the time. I've probably had about 9 different credit cards over the years from making big purchases. I've been using credit cards for about 14 years and never been late on a payment. My credit score is 880. I can get approved for practically any kind of loan and get a good rate.

tldr get a credit card...
>>
I used to work at target and the management would force everyone to meet their damn redcard quotas
Stay away from that shit OP, they'll find some way to screw you over with those things
>>
>>17143984
OP here, I actually work there now, I know all about the redcard frustration lol
>>
>>17143981
I'm not afraid of them, but my credit score is like 440 because of some loans I had to take years ago. No way I can get a credit card from anyone.
>>
>>17143945
The checking account I'm thinking of using is at a Credit Union, there would be a fee for the initial overdraft but other than that there are no other fees listed. I'd be paying it back pretty quick.
>>
>>17143994
So you gotta rebuild your credit then. Save up some money before you buy whatever you're looking at purchasing. Then make payments while incurring a small amount of interest. Yeah it sucks but you should only be looking at a hundred bucks over a year or so if you're getting something around $1,000. You gotta go through this now so you can get past it and not have to deal with it in the future.
>>
>>17143998
What's the interest rate on your overdraft? Better check.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.