[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is my cat pregnant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (2 MB, 360x430) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 360x430
My cats been
>purring meowing nonstop
>extremely affectionate
>displaying burrowing behaviour (a drawer, I emptied it and filled it with towels for her)
>puked this morning
This had been going on for 3-4 days (minus the vomit)
>>
>>17143727
Oops, I meant nesting behaviour. I thought she was pregnant but wouldn't she have had kitten/s by now?
>>
>>17143727
Bump for my cat.
>>
Well, its humping season for female cats right now so that may be what your experiencing. My cat usually goes apeshitbananas this time a year and she screams and meows all the time and she rubs herself against the furniture

I dont know about the puking though but maybe thats whats going on
>>
>>17143825
She hasn't really been acting like she's in heat, she hasn't lifted her behind into the air once and doesn't really scream or cry, she meows quietly while purring.
>>
>>17143854
Oh well then we can clear that off

I know cats get bigger nips when theyre pregnant. Is that the case?
>>
>>17143883
How do I tell if they're bigger? I have never looked at them before this, is it long nipples or would it be a kind of mound that pops out?
>>
Get your cat fixed.
>>
Jesus Christ get your cat fixed or don't let it outside.
Thanks for adding to the already overpopulated cat problem guys.
>>
>>17143975
long nipples.
also cats purr when hurting, affection could be seeking help, burrowing could be because it is dying and feels vulnerable so it wants to hide.
>>
>>17144145
>>17144106
Fuck off, it's an indoor cat that got outside, I'm not going to send her to the doctors so they can rip out her organs before she's even an adult. She was only outside once and if she really is pregnant I have people lined up to take the babies when they're ready.
>>
>>17144146
She is really young and has never otherwise had health problems, but if this behaviour continues I will take her to the vet.
>>
Purring a lot can mean they are either relaxed or in pain. If the cat is purring even if there is nothing going on (like you're in the other room) I would definitely take her to a vet. Also if she doesn't feel at ease (like constantly hiding in different parts of the house, not feeling at ease there, then finding another place).
>>
>>17144760
She's only purring when I pet her, but it's still more than usual.
>>
>>17144275
there's no evidence that early spays negative effect cats, they're not the same as dogs. fuck off with that excuse

go get your cat spayed now. there's already enough "oops" kittens like yours out there. if she's old enough to be in heat, she's old enough to be spayed. and keep your pet inside. nothing worse than hearing a horny cat caterwauling at night and them spraying everywhere
>>
>>17144784
It's less scientific evidence (if I'm not sure I'm not doing it, anyway) and more empathy, I didn't want my cat going through the traumatic experience my other cat went through at such a young age, she was totally different when she came home and for the rest of her life.

Explain to me the difference between "oops" cats and pet mill/breeder cats, someone gets to make a profit? The kittens are going to good homes, I have already said that.
>>
>>17144812
Then enjoy your home stinking of cat urine
>>
>>17143727
If it's getting fat only in the stomach region
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.