[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>scheduled to start work at 5pm Get call at 9am from manager
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1461996609205.jpg (32 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
1461996609205.jpg
32 KB, 500x359
>scheduled to start work at 5pm
Get call at 9am from manager to come in at 12pm because it's busy.
>oh shit. Get my shit together and head to work at 1130.
>Get a call halfway to work (1130am) telling me to come in at 2pm instead.

What the fuck. Can employers do this? Am I just in showing up to work and telling them to fuck off? I live in California btw
>>
NEVER answer work calls when you're off
they try to pull this shit all the time
>>
Is it a union shop? If so, the odds are good you're guaranteed 4 hours if you actually come in (i.e., if you get there and they don't need you, you can say "fuck you, I want my 4")

Depending on your industry, early calls must be anywhere from 12-24 before the start time.

>Safety coordinator at a silver mine
>>
Unfortunately, no. There's nothing to protect you. But I don't know if there's some case you could make for ignorance if they can't prove that you were able to answer your phone and didn't like >>17143638 said.
>>
>>17143638
This. If you give them this one time, they will abuse it a thousand times over. You also wont get that "raise" for it either.
>>
If you work at some shithole, they can probably get away with it. If you work at some established business or have a union, pretty sure they cant yank you around like that. But it really depends on the labour laws/agreement of your workplace
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.