[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gf was diagnosed with ptsd by her therapist the other day, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Gf was diagnosed with ptsd by her therapist the other day, but she's had it for the past two years, she's not a combat vet but I can believe it.
Not sure how I can help her out though, any /adv/ice?
>pic not related
>>
GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN
DONT STICK IT IN CRAZY, LAD
>>
>>17143527
Been with her for 3 years, that's not really an easy option
>>
>>17143532

>ive been with her for 3 years so even if i wanted to break up wtih her its nearly impossible

except no its not. its so fucking dumb when people say this shit. unless you are married or have a kid its not 'not really an easy option'
>>
>>17143538
I planned on proposing like two weeks ago for it. Is why I said it's a little harder than just do it.
Plus I'm trying to help her, not destroy more of what's already broken
>>
What gave her PTSD? Assuming you know, try to avoid saying things that could trigger it. Encourage her to get some sort of help. If she is unwilling to do so, she might use it to manipulate you.
>>
>>17143547

the thing about ptsd is that its not really curable. most mental disorders arent in reality. they are treatable. thats at best. depending on the severity of it this could be a daily struggle. if you genuinely enjoy spending your time and do have fun with her, then do perhaps continue. but if the bulk of your relationship is you having to take care of her in one way or another, consider moving on, cuz you are doings something out of obligation and you will grow to resent her and the situation.

the best approach is from a non coddling therapist. one who focuses on maintaining a normal life style while eliminating things that are negative, but still facing the bad things that are inherent to life (not to be confused with literally everything, as some therapists will suggest you just accept the entire world as is, which is dumb)
>>
>>17143550
3 people
One a co-worker of mine, a former friend of mine who which I refuse to speak too
A bit of me actually
And certain locations of which were the places all this stuff went down
I was pretty chill with my co-worker till she told me he tried to manipulate her to break up with me so that he could get into her pants and more stuff, he denies it of course. I honestly believe her, but it's hard because both are really good at bending the truth
I broke up with her and basically went to town on some other chick like ~12 hours afterwards in front of her
And the third person straight up broke her down mentally; did the same to me but I had friends help to cope, she did not

And that's the medium length story
>>
>>17143559
It's slowly becoming the latter... I usually hafta go out of my way to help her, like really outta my way. but I do enjoy my time with her.
>>
Fucking fags telling you to leave.
If you love her, talk to her. Communication is really important especially in your case.

Find out what makes her happy, what makes her feel comfy and just do that whenever she's not doing well.

I wish you the best of luck OP
>>
>>17143577

jesus christ, so, she dose not have PTSD, she has whiny bitch syndrome. you guys are all fucking retarded for sure, but shes getting PTSD over casual drama.

go ahead and marry her, shes actually fine shes just whiny.

>>17143584

>im slowly becoming the latter

that rolls not gonna stop. despite my claim from above, id dump her. shes seriously so fucked up that basic bitch drama is upsetting her. she got PTSD from a guy telling her to break up with you? lol
>>
>>17143590
Hey, I'm not the one who diagnosed her
And it's mostly from the third guy mentally breaking her down
>>
>>17143595

>its mostly from the third guy tmentally breaking her down

its still silly. you didnt tell us how so there is that off chance he kidnapped her and slowly melted her brain with his words, but in reality he was just a douche and shes taking it too seriously and your therapist REALLY needs to keep her clients.

you can go to 6 different psychiatrist and thereapists today and get 6 different diagnosis for the same symptoms you present.

this whole situation is full of shit
>>
>>17143603
>this whole situation is full of shot
That sums up my life actually.
She is crazy, mild bi polar, scizho, this...
You're not wrong in that statement;
Guess i've just been blind or something
But that does sound like something third guy would do before... he's heavy on mental manipulation and such dudes weird.
But that's neither here nor there.
Look you'really not wrong about anything, but still I would like to try to make this work, i'd like to key word but from,all this it doesn't look like it is
>>
>>17143603
I agree with this.

If she's such a dainty little flower that she can't cope with people being mean to her, your life with her is just going to be absolute shit.

A lot of therapists are pretty messed up -- that's why they're attracted to that line of work. If her therapist isn't trying to teach her how to deal with her shit, she's just being fed excuses to justify acting fucked up. That's not going to be helpful at all.
>>
>>17143620

if oyu think your life is full of shit then stop trying to settle. you arent 'makign this work' you are settling for whats easily available, which is a girl who wants to be a special damaged snowflake.

dont dedicate your life to taking care of someone, damaged or not. you deserve better, and you deserve to make yourself better, cuz what you did to her by hooking up in front of her was pretty bad bro.

being married will only make oyu realize you shouldn't have gotten married. please, dump her now. dump your lousy friends. move somewhere new. or just start hanging out somewhere new. do it.
>>
>>17143626
>>17143623
I'll figure something out, thanks guys.
I can almost always count on /adv/
>>
>>17143654

good luck bro im hoping for the best for you.
>>
File: 1352930046490.jpg (97 KB, 551x549) Image search: [Google]
1352930046490.jpg
97 KB, 551x549
>>17143577

If that's what it takes to have ptsd I must be bouncing off the walls fucking insane.
>>
>>17143847
To be fair, I am as well, i'm just good at making myself look sane in front of people
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.