[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you consider to be "feminine"? My boyfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3500x3250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3500x3250
What do you consider to be "feminine"?

My boyfriend is complaining that I'm not feminine enough. I have long hair and wear soft makeup, I don't belch or swear and I'm not sports obsessed or muscular (sorry I know these are cliches). I don't wear dresses if it's not a special occasion but it's not all jeans and t-shirts either. Help a girl out?
>>
why the fuck are you asking me, am I your boyfriend?

I'm not a fucking mind reader, so I can't know what he considers to be feminine. So get the fuck off my board and ask HIM.
>>
>>17143333
Your boyfriend is complaining to you that you're not feminine enough?
sounds like a control freak.

Suggest he find a MtF to fuck? those are usually more feminine.
>>
>>17143333

He probably wishes you had a nice feminine cock like all the traps on /b/.
>>
>>17143339
I did. Answer was too vague to help, along the lines of "I don't know you just are". Thus I ask you so as to give me SOME idea of what do to.
>>
>>17143348
>Sounds like a control freak

I see your point, but. If I'm not feminine enough to him, I assume I'm not feminine enough to the world. Guys are attracted to that aren't they? I want to be attractive and appealing.
>>
>>17143354
I'd get a new boyfriend if I were you.

Maybe wear obnoxiously pink and ribbons and flowers? like 4yr old princess theme? or maybe all flowers or all dresses all the time?
>>
People dont get the difference between girly and feminine

My ex wasnt lady like or feminine but she was kinda girly in a way and she was super upset with that

If ge cares only about that he's acting like a child with a stick up his ass

For him you should braid your hair and wear a crown of flowers, wear cute spring dresses and skip and twirl and giggle i guess?
Who the fuck knows what we wants
>>
>>17143366
every guy is attracted to different things

personally I love fat girls, but your bf probably doesn't. I don't know him so I can't know what he likes.
>>
>>17143366
NAH NAH NAH don't think that way.
men are different in their preferences too. especially across cultures. I understand you want to be appealing but living your life wanting to appeal to all men isn't possible. Unless you're a cheap prostitute. And even then you'll miss gay men and autistic men.
>>
>>17143366
I used to assume that being feminine was universally sexy and acting all weak and quiet and stupid was supposed to be what men like.
Fuck that. Making men like you wont get you anywhere in life. It will help very slightly in random situations, but generally isn't worth much of your time or energy. Take care of yourself first.
>>
>>17143333
>>17143366
I generally don't check here but damn.

Regarding your question, it's one thing for a dude to say that he doesn't like that orange dress on you or that he isn't a fan of x or y, that he would like you to wear dresses or heels more often but "dunno you're not feminine" is totally unhelpful. By taking such a vague, unsubstantiated comment to heart you're basically trying to bend over backwards to a wish he can't even articulate and in the end that will beome toxic for you way of thinking. Basically, unless he has a good idea of what he means by that, opinion discarded.

On the sentence that "if you're not feminine you're not attractive to anyone", that isn't true. I pushed myself through the pain of wearing heels a lot for my previous boyfriend whose comments were that I wasn't "sexy" enough, despite being unable to properly say what made someone sexy. My current bf's favourite look on a woman are converse shoes and he doesn't really like heels due to the fact it just means his gf is in pain. It hugely varies from one person to another.
>>
>>17143399
This. The problem with acting all weak and referring to your man and such is that it sort of robs you of your voice. Don't want to crank up the feminism to 2000 but at some point that's just unhelpful. If it's just preferences on clothing, hair or such, sure, I mean, you want your partner to find you attractive.
If it's stuff about how you should behave that's much more of a touchy subject.
>>
>>17143405
>he doesn't really like heels due to the fact it just means his gf is in pain
most guys are this way just fyi, some dudes have a fetish for heels but the vast majority do not. Tight boots with leggings are much hotter than heels.
>>
OP here. Your responses have been so incredibly kind. I don't know how to properly express my thanks to you all.

How about this. I will see him soon, and I will tell him "If there is something very specific about me that is bothering you, you need to explain what that is. And we can talk about it and determine if it really is that big of a deal. Otherwise I'm not going to change because I like the way I am."

I would add "Also, fuck you." But as I explained above, I don't swear much so thems the breaks.
>>
>>17143415
This so much

>>17143437
Dont tell him fuck you, you know what if he starts talking shit then tell him yeah
>>
>>17143437
>Otherwise I'm not going to change because I like the way I am
sisterly hug op, you rule
>>
Dump him before he dumps you. He is falling out of love with you and this is just a signal he doesnt find you atractive anumite,whatever you do probably.

Had the exact same exp with my bitchy ex
>>
>>17143333
your boyfriends a cunt?
>>
File: 1449092092479.jpg (9 KB, 144x132) Image search: [Google]
1449092092479.jpg
9 KB, 144x132
Why are there so many defensive people in this thread?

Nothing wrong about expecting a lady to be feminine every so often just like there's nothing wrong about expecting a man to be masculine every so often.
Unless you want to go out and date a guy who is passive, weak-willed, and smaller than you. Which I doubt.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.