[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been feeling super empty for a while and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160509_183912.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160509_183912.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
I've been feeling super empty for a while and I don't really know what to do. I'm 19 and have been feeling like this since I was about 15, but just assumed it was being a teenager. My life is pretty good from an outside point of view, at university, have a girlfriend and friends so I don't understand why I'd feel this way. I've started not feeling much for my girlfriend or friends. I don't seem to mind whether they dislike me and because of my morose mood it obviously brings them down too. I'm often pessimistic about life and think about suicide often, although never self harmed or anything. Should I go see someone and talk it through? Does this sorta stuff just pass. I don't even know how to lock on to what I am feeling.
>>
>>17142983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODAu8qby2k

didn't think he was right
>>
huh? >>17143019
>>
Did/do you smoke weed?
>>
I do but very rarely
>>
What sort of hobbies do you have?
How do you like to keep busy?
>>
>>17143826
maybe it triggered something in you?
maybe you should talk to a therapist to find out why you feel this way. maybe it's your age?
>>
>>17143832
I play guitar, video games, listen to music, read occasionally, go for walks with friends
>>
my age? What would it have to do with my age? and maybe
>>
>>17143852
you're growing and hormones and stuff like that
>>
>>17143865

Yeah maybe, that's sorta why I'm worried about seeing a therapist I may just being a bitch and wasting their time.
>>
>>17143878
How bad are your suicide urges? Do you ''just'' think about it or do you also plan to do so?
I started talking with a therapist when i became suicidal and also had some other things . . .
>>
>>17143901
Yeah, I sorta think about all the different ways i could do it, and end up planning them out for ages after the thought gets into my head so it's unlikely I'll fuck it up.
>>
>>17143921
you should really consider going to a therapist.
>>
could you give me some tips to go about that? I'm worried that I won't be able to talk about it properly. I'm worried I'll mislead them into thinking something else is wrong with me
>>
>>17142983
Reading this makes me relate so much.. It's almost if I wrote that myself..

My best advice really would be to keep yourself occupied. Try to get a job or get some sort of project going. Have something that you can focus on and something that you get something out of you know?

Feeling empty sort of comes and goes. You kinda have to accept that, and just try to make the best of the situation!

Hope this helps :)
>>
>>17142983
I'm 27 and still deal with this shit. It's not going away on it's own.
>>
>>17143964
A good therapist can pick up on what you're trying to say, and will give you as much time as you need to sort through your thoughts and words. Finding one like this can take some time though, since you won't really know if the two of you click until you interact.
>>
>>17144470
>>17142983
38, and likewise still dealing with this. I'd like to say that it will go away on its own, and that's not impossible, but more likely you may have to make some real changes in your life.
>>
>>17142983
>Does this sorta stuff just pass
Usually yes, sometimes no.
If it doesn't go away, go see a psychiatrist.
>>
>Ctrl+F 'depression'
>not found

Are you guys serious?

OP, talk to your doctor.
>>
>>17143964
>I'm worried I'll mislead them into thinking something else is wrong with me
This is a possibility.
For example, i was misdiagnosed with bipolar when i first went to a psychiatrist.
Be careful with your words, practice beforehand what you're going to tell them so you don't screw it up.

>>17144515
>will give you as much time as you need to sort through your thoughts and words
Nope, you pay by the hour and they have other people to see that day.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.