[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2deep4u special snowflake syndrome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image%3A401405.jpg (54 KB, 615x461) Image search: [Google]
image%3A401405.jpg
54 KB, 615x461
/adv/, I was a basement dweller, then studying hard, for some years, got an acquired taste and got left behind on almost everything. Almost none of the interests my peers have, appeal to me. I don't
>watch the Game of Thrones
>enjoy any Marvel films/comics
>laugh during Deadpool
>play Gta5 or 3rd witcher
>follow anime releases
>watch twitch
>understand recent memes

Idk, I would check out some of the above closely, but they are inferior in priority to what I want to do now. They all consume some time too, I have to choose wisely.

Currently trying to get into Hearthstone, hope it helps.

I just hate picking a hobby for the sole reason of fitting in, should I fix it?
I don't feel what my nerd friends are hyped up about anymore.
>>
The only one of the above that I do is watch GoT, and I do just fine socially. I don't even talk to my friends about GoT or anything, not many of them watch it themselves
>>
>>17142698
I can communicate rather well with some small number of people, but I am kinda sad I drift from nerd communities, I used to be a part of.
>>
>>17142698
Are you naturally a social person?
>>
Just based on your OP post alone I can tell that you have some kind of strange social disorder. It has nothing to do with your hobbies. Just the way you think and the way you type makes it dead clear that you're probably on the autism spectrum. I mean no disprespect by this.

There are people who like all sorts of things. Furthermore, matching hobbies is more of a bonus than a requirement. I don't share any hobbies with some of my closest friends - we're just friends because we have similar personalities and get on well.

Why would you even think that following anime is something that normal people do anyway? That seems like a strange one to throw on the "normie" list.
>>
>>17142797
Lots of normies follow anime, just shitty ones.
>>
File: 1460285653441.jpg (21 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1460285653441.jpg
21 KB, 600x400
>>17142797
>Why would you even think that following anime is something that normal people do anyway?
It's actually entered the mainstream a lot more nowadays. At least a third of the people I know regularly watch it. It just tends to be entry level stuff like Dragon Ball, Cowboy Bebop, Naruto. Stuff you'd expect to see on Toonami.
>>
I'm an artist

I used to love video games and popular comics;

But now I have refined tastes to not what is popular- but what inspires me.

Do what you enjoy no matter how stupid, bizarre or quirky it might come off as. You'll be the one making the next "Deadpool" next- even though Deadpool is fucking gay.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.