[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reprimanded for flirting with woman at yoga class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: 1463208279025[1].jpg (51 KB, 630x343) Image search: [Google]
1463208279025[1].jpg
51 KB, 630x343
Well, I knew this had to happen eventually, and I am utterly amazed I have been coming there for long and no staff member has previously given me the 'easy with the ladies' talk.

About a week ago I was in the reception area when I saw a thick dark skinned woman wearing really small shorts that seems to show more ass cheeks than if she were wearing a bikini bottom. When I noticed her I was busy talking to the teacher and another guy from class, but in the brief moment I saw her bend over to pick up her bag from the front desk and walk out the door, my heart skipped a beat and I was left breathless by her beauty. I knew that If I ever saw her again I would have to say something- not in any unrealistic hopes of making her my gf, but to express how I feel, since its unhealthy to keep such strong emotional energy bottled up inside.

Today I saw her again before a class and introduced myself to her, and after she told me her name I looked her in the eyes and told her "you're very beautiful." It was something I simply had to do, to just get it off my chest, in no way trying to get anything from her. Then the instructor overhead and immediately called my name, but when I came over to him, he didn't say anything.

She was wearing those same super-ass shorts when she came to class, but then left briefly and returned before it started with non-seethru yoga pants on top of them. After class she told me its her first class there, but I told her I saw her last week, she denied it and I said, remember you were at the front desk, wearing those same sexy shorts- then the instructor literally pulls me into the room we were standing outside of and told me to relax. He is someone I know well and am friends with, and probably just making sure people are comfortable. Though I don't think I did anything wrong, just told her she's beautiful and her outfit is sexy, not like "nice ass, can I hit dat?"
>>
My mom was there too and overheard my comments to her after class, I asked her about it later and she says it was very inappropriate for a yoga class, even just telling a woman I think she is beautiful would make her uncomfortable. So what do you think? I am a fit and relatively handsome guy, but I do have just a tinge of aspergers, so I would understand if some things I say that appear normal to me are huge faux paus.

Crossposted from http://boards.4chan.org/r9k/thread/28552347/reprimanded-for-flirting-with-woman-at-yoga-class#top
>>
dude here.

yeah, that's really inappropriate. chicks don't go to yoga classes to get dicked. she's not there to look nice for you, and when dudes act like that in spaces that are supposed to feel safe and positive it can be a huge turn-off for a lot of women.

look, if you like them or fancy a woman there, that's great. if you want to talk to them, go for it. just don't be creepy about it.
>>
You're a creepy retard. Thanks for making everyone uncomfortable, and the staff's job that much shittier.
>>
>>17142214
The worst thing a woman knows is when guys hit on them, doesnt matter who you are or where you do it
Its just not recommended, honestly you got off easy because she could have had you suspended from class or sued for sexual harrassment

There is an easy rule to remember, girls hate guys deep down inside so thread carefully
>>
>>17142380
they're wearing shorts blatantly showing of their bits, they want attention you pathetic untermensch

just when it's not from a 'hot' guy they get angry
>>
>>17142383
troll harder, faggot
>>
>>17142386
not trolling
>>
>>17142383
Actually, girls dress the way they do to make themselves feel better and to show off to other women
Most girls dont like guys, you might say "Oh they like when a hot guy hits on them" but thats not true, they dont like it but they accept it
Girls dont need to do anything to get attention, guys give it to them automatically so your logic makes no sense
>>
>>17142209
do it
>>
>>17142401

Girls never have an intention of getting dicked is a lie.

Girls like dick bro it's true.

Op came on to hard he called her sexy and he referred to last week like a fucken stalker.

The yoga guy is trying to keep it chilling but he went about it all wrong

That guy should have straight cock blocked op instead of the scene he made.
>>
>>17142209
One man's flirting is one woman's harassment.
>>
>>17142209
> since its unhealthy to keep such strong emotional energy bottled up inside.
That's why you talk shit with your bros in private later. Your emotional health is not more important than another person's, and she doesn't want to hear that.
>>
>>17142209
>She was wearing those same super-ass shorts when she came to class, but then left briefly and returned before it started with non-seethru yoga pants on top of them.
Because you made her too uncomfortable to wear the small shorts (which she was only wearing for functional reasons, because yoga is more physically comfortable with minimal clothing).
That should have been your hint that she didn't appreciate your attention.
>>
because of this and the r9k thread I now understand things a lot more clearly. I realize I may have said some actually creepy things, though from what I could tell her reaction was neutral

What I would have done differently- not acknowledge her body or clothes at all and just talked to her like normal. Go and shitpost on 4chan about how I was awestruck by her body and go to sleep wishing I was cuddling her and imagining life together.
>>
>>17142571
What I do next time- talk to her about yoga and not mention anything else I said earlier or comments about her body/clothes.
>>
>>17142576
Just leave her alone.
>>
It's this very exact reason why I can't approach women I like in public, that I have to rely on online dating websites to meet anyone.

Fuck you OP. Stop being a creep. Stop giving women a reason to feel harassed.
>>
>>17142622
reeeeeee fuck you I won't do what you tell me

butt seriously, I wouldn't go out of my way to talk to her and would just lay low, but not be afraid to talk to her, just be careful and gentlemanly
>>
>>17142648
>harassed
I didn't touch, leer, catcall or make lewd remarks about her body. Just said beautiful and sexy

If a woman wears such provocative outfit exposing her bodacious figure, she will receive male attention, and I'd bet that my comments no matter how weird were to most tame of anyone who hit on her on the street that day.
>>
>>17142653

It's not 'provocative' when you're in a gym environment, it's functional. And she covered up more after the first time you made her uncomfortable.
>>
>>17142653
>if someone leaves their keys in the car, it's probably going to get stolen
>so it's fine if I steal it!
>>
OP sounds autistic as fuck
>>
>>17142653
That's what you believe, but the reality is I can't approach women without coming off as a creeper or some faggot that wants to have sex. Women expect that right off the bat and it sucks. There's no way to have a natural conversation.
>>
>>17142380
>There is an easy rule to remember, girls hate guys deep down inside so thread carefully

This.

They aint sex object, they aint beautiful delicate creatures that need reassuring and protecting.
And they sure as shit aint potential partners either, because they really don't like men.

They ARE however, social landmines. Treat them like that. Tread lightly so they don't blow up in your face.

>>17142209
Also...
>but to express how I feel, since its unhealthy to keep such strong emotional energy bottled up inside.
What if that strong emotional energy was the urge to kill, or rape, or torture?
Fuckin' excuses. You can control yourself shit-lord, you're choosing not to and making excuses for it.

Next time, keep your mouth shut and eyes front.

Some general rules for autists regarding women;
>Never approach without a good reason; for example, work related reasons. Chatting them up or telling them they are beautiful is not a good reason.
>Don't speak unless spoken to, within reasons (if you need help from a female colleague, then go for it).
>Don't get too personal. NEVER comment on their appearance.
>The only time it's acceptable to get too personal, is if they ask you a personal question (i.e "where do you live"), because then they've set precedence that it's OK. The phrase "and you?" is useful, and it shows them that you can take an interest in them without being pushy.
>Small talk is fine, if for some reason they speak to you... keep it impersonal, char about work or the weather or shit like that.
>Don't stick around longer than you have to.
>>
>>17142684
Can you please stop approaching women. As in stop calling it "approaching women" and stop adopting the ideas and thoughts that are associated with whatever your bullshit "approaching women" is.
>>
>>17142656
it sure is. I see hundreds of women a week there and everyone wears normal yoga pants, she's the only one who walked around there with her entire legs and juicy ass hanging out, and its obvious to her how overexposed she is

>>17142661
unfitting analogy

>>17142677
quitting fapping has made me far more outgoing, and as a result I can finally see how socially autistic I really am

>>17142684
Perhaps this is why I recklessly said it like it is to her, cause I have nothing to hide and no chance of actually getting with her, might as well put it out in the open

>>17142687
just telling her you're very beautiful seemed innocent enough at the time, but then again I am actually diagnosed autistic, not just 4chan autistic

>>17142693
>everyone stops approaching women
>human race goes extinct
>>
>>17142677
Stop discriminating autists on THE autistic image board. Seriously, it's like the whole community is self-depreciating. I'm not surprised, but it doesn't have to be like that. At least on /adv/.
>>
Calling a woman "sexy" is aggressive, and you made her self-conscious. You might as well have said "nice ass, can I hit dat?" because it was a similarly lusty and inappropriate comment to make. I'd be uncomfortable, too. And depending on how long you held her gaze when you looked into her eyes, you might've come off as very intense.

Honestly, I think you should apologize to her next time she comes to class. Say something along the lines of, "What I said was inappropriate, I wasn't thinking at the time, and I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

You might end up on good terms with her if you show some self-awareness.
>>
>>17142705
>just telling her you're very beautiful seemed innocent enough at the time, but then again I am actually diagnosed autistic, not just 4chan autistic

It's never innocent.
To women, that is a pretty sinister threat to be honest.

When you say "I think you're beautiful", they are picturing all the girls you've turned into "dolls" in your home, dressing them up and shit. Having tea parties while their cold dead eyes stare blankly at you as you ask them "more tea, dearie?"

That's what a girl hears.
>>
>>17142744
fuck
>>
>>17142684
well, you told her you admire her, but now it's awkward because she didn't come there to be admired and it's all about her. the conversation is all about her with a person she's never met before.

women don't go to the gym to be hit on. just to exercise. that's what clubs are for. idk man life is choppy.
>>
>>17142705
The way you term it 'approaching women' makes it quite obvious that you believe women are some kind of objects upon which you express emotions and feelings until they consent to sex with you.
>>
>>17142705
>it sure is. I see hundreds of women a week there and everyone wears normal yoga pants, she's the only one who walked around there with her entire legs and juicy ass hanging out, and its obvious to her how overexposed she is
Doesn't matter, it's a gym environment and apparently she feels comfortable wearing that little (again, until you interpreted it sexually, after which she covered up).
>>
File: 58459346594.jpg (62 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
58459346594.jpg
62 KB, 500x300
>>17142209
It's not socially acceptable to be 100% honest. We are full of insecurities and it's very easy to stomp on someone's toes. Keep this in mind all the time.

That being said, don't listen to the advice of anons with repressed sexuality, telling you to never approach women or to never give them compliments.

But you have to find balance between what you want to express and what is socially acceptable. Sometimes a look is enough. Sometimes a bold compliment may be met with a warm, although a little bit awkward response. In your case it didn't, but I think you did the right thing. It all depends on a situation.

Ideally, lean towards what you want to express and not what is socially acceptable. It's called polarisation. You will upset more people, but also you will get more "I really like this guy" responses.

Also, people are much more forgiving for stepping over sexual social norms when you are attractive.
>>
>>17142705
>Perhaps this is why I recklessly said it like it is to her, cause I have nothing to hide and no chance of actually getting with her, might as well put it out in the open

This is a very selfish mindset.
There's nothing to gain by saying this sort of thing to someone, but there's a very real risk of making someone very uncomfortable.
Having a potential gain would actually be in your favour, if something good might have come out of the interaction. But instead you're just fucking up someone's day for absolutely no reason, just because you're too horny to keep it to yourself.
>>
>>17142757
I like your style.
>>
>>17142687

>How to be alone for the rest of your life, 101.
>>
Man, you sure do come off creepy, especially that part where you start arguing with her saying you know she was there last week, like some type of stalker.
>>
>>17142648
>It's this very exact reason why I can't approach women I like in public

No you can't approach women you like in public cause you're a coward.
>>
>>17142684
>There's no way to have a natural conversation.

Maybe cause you're not trying to have a natural conversation, you're just trying to get the women to validate you and like you enough to meet with you.
>>
>>17142874

>like some type of stalker

Remembering a conversation you had a week ago makes you a "stalker" now? Having a fucking functional memory is "creepy?"
>>
>>17142209
I'm thinking of joining yoga now—thanks OP. And also, good for you for speaking your mind. If you see and like, say it/if women feel it's harassment, too bad—they're all sluts any way.
>>
File: DqZIsKa.gif (1002 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
DqZIsKa.gif
1002 KB, 245x200
>>17142209
You sound like a massive fucking creeper and sperglord, and yes you were being creepy and innapropriate
>>
well done OP. you're officially labelled as an autistic creeper.

don't hit on girls in the gym/yoga you dumb fuck.
>>
>>17142911
this is exactly why i know you have autism
usually when you catch a person with "white lies" you slide it off and change the subject or say "welcome, hope u have fun" or something.

you just went full retard and tried to one up her like a total autismal faggot lol
>>
>>17142209
Yeah, no. Don't do that. Yoga classes are supposed to be creeper free. Next time you have an opinion about a girl, do the right thing and keep it to yourself.
>>
>>17142389
Then you're retarded.
>>
>>17142209
This is pretty much the reason for women-only gyms like Curves, in a nutshell. Sometimes women just want to work out in peace.

She already knows that she looks good, she doesn't need some doink who just wants to put his penis in her to tell her that. Completely remove "you're beautiful" from your pickup line repertoire, and try to pick up girls where they actually might want to be picked up (bars, parties, clubs, online dating sites) not someplace that they go to do something else (gym, grocery store, bus stop, street, class).
>>
>>17142896
I'm not the OP
>>
>>17142687
>Don't get too personal. NEVER comment on their appearance.
The first real conversation I had with someone at uni this year involved him telling me I was pretty within ten minutes of us talking, it was at orientation and I had no problem with it.

Do you have any advice for female autists regarding men? Or are the guidelines basically the same?
>>
>>17142821
This
>>
>>17142653
>>17142571
Hey OP, I'm a grill. It seems like you really didn't realize you were being offensive/creepy. Having spaghettied before, I feel for you.

When a guy who's not my bf (even a SUPER hot guy) comments on my appearance, I politely end the conversation, but internally I'm feeling a combination of anger/discomfort/weird/violated. As a woman, we get hit on a lot, and when it's too overt it comes off as creepy. It was definitely too much to tell her she's sexy/beautiful. Almost no woman will appreciate that. If you want to fuck a woman, the best way to do that is to engage her in conversation and friendship first. Make her feel supported, validated, talk about things you both find interesting, and it is far more likely you'll either date or fuck her. Speak to her like you would speak to a man you wish to be friends with. If it's too obvious that you're hitting on her, she will probably lose interest immediately if she has any kind of options, and isnt totally desperate. Back to your comment- that is considered sexual harassment and generally doesn't go over well. If I were the instructor, I'd have said something too.
>>
>>17143295
As opposed to being labeled as a creep, pervert or loser? you think being a social outcast will help you not be alone?
Women are deadly, not on purpose ofc but deadly none the less
You dont blame a tiger for killing some helpless bastard who fell into its claws, the tiger did what came naturally to it. Same thing goes for women
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.