[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll never live alone again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: ynla.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ynla.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
I'm an introvert. I'm not a robot, I'm not a misanthrope and I'm not shy by any metric. But I am an introvert.

Being alone within walls I control is my comfort zone. I am surrounded by walls and within those walls are a bed, a kitchen, a toilet and a door. Here, I am balanced. I am content. I am zen.

Unfortunately, I will be going to university as a mature student. Having little in the way of savings (I bounced from shitty, dead-end, low-pay, soul-sucking job to shitty, dead-end, low-pay, soul-sucking job... hence my decision to go to uni) and having chosen an actual decent uni 200 miles away, I have to forsake my happy space.

At this uni, I can either have en-suite bathroom with shared kitchen or fully catered room only. Should I move out in the second year, I will have to houseshare.

Once I'm out of the hell of sharing basic facilities with randoms, I will more than likely move in and settle down with my gf (she's at a different uni but she's for keeps).

After that, I share my fucking home with my significant other and our fucking offspring.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE FUCKING HATE CUNTING HATE

Ultimately, I want a good education and a family of my own. It's my most innate and base desire. I'm sure that when I get to my deathbed, I can reflect on the whole making something of my self doodad with contentment (already did my live fast, die young thing to overkill so no regrets there).

Question to /adv/

How do I make the transition from content, isolated introvert to introvert who happens to spend the rest of his life living with other people?

pic kinda related;- it's FC Tokyo's fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone. I chose Tokyo because I thought it was adorable how they sing that song and for the benefit of weeaboos on here. Also because my girlfriend joked that with a small twist, this is my new song
>YOU'LL NEVER LIVE ALONE
>That's why I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her. She's fucking hilarious.
>>
Was in the same boat as you 8 years ago.

The solution is: force yourself to be around people. Even if you dont like it.

Always have a room to back off and be at your own whenever you feel exahusted of interacting with people. And never ever share a room. Not even with your gf unless you are 110% sure you are prepared for it.
>>
>>17142216

Thanks for words.

So essentially, I have to bite the bullet and dive in gung ho on the proviso that I have a bunker of sorts.

Did your severe (?) (as it is in my case) introversion subside or was it a case of managing it the best you could?
>>
If your gf isn't a total bitch, maybe she'll let you have a week or two per year away. Maybe let you get an airbnb in some nondescript town so you can create your "happy space". Watch TV in your undies, spill food wherever it falls, do the helicopter in front of a mirror etc...

Or you could take the easy way out and die alone.
>>
>>17142191
do what youthink is best
>>
>>17142191
Even if you share a flat or house with others, you can have your own room.

Even if you marry and live with wife and kids, you can have your own "den" or "study" (or, in the British tradition, garden shed) that is your cave to retire to when things get too much.
>>
>>17142191
You got some probs man
>>
>>17142191
As someone of your level of introversion you need a room of your own. Roommates, no, just no, not possible, not ever ever.

As for the family and relationship things, you can always have a den, study, library or garden shed. As an introvert your partner will most likely be low on your people radar and you should be able to manage being aorund her better than many other people.
>>
File: 410799S1oSL.jpg (27 KB, 331x500) Image search: [Google]
410799S1oSL.jpg
27 KB, 331x500
You can always have your own room, even when you live with other people. At university, you have your own dorm room, and if you need quiet, there's always quiet places on campus, such as empty classrooms, library. In a shared house, you probably can get your own room to yourself.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.