[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any strategy or tactic I can use to cope with my own
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1460991496431.jpg (25 KB, 302x302) Image search: [Google]
1460991496431.jpg
25 KB, 302x302
Is there any strategy or tactic I can use to cope with my own psychological problems?

I never had friends or family, and I can't afford professional help. The most meaningful form of human interaction I have with other humans comes from shitposting in other boards. So I'm completely alone in this life I've been given.

I also think I have mental issues. My head is always a whirlpool, and I have uncommon behaviour. I'm a weird and stupid person, at the very last.

That being said, is there any strategy I can adopt to overcome my own monsters and flaws? What can I, all by myself, do to improve my own mental health, and see my life become better as a result?
>>
>>17142121
Psych student lurking late, what exactly do you have going on that you want to get help for?
>>
File: I am leg.jpg (19 KB, 206x336) Image search: [Google]
I am leg.jpg
19 KB, 206x336
>>17142121
journaling, either in a paper journal or in a blog, or both (generally blog sites have adjustable security settings so nobody has to see posts that you want to keep private).

creative outlets like art or music, even if you're not good at them - the point is to get the feelings and thoughts out there so you can look at them from a different perspective.

self-help materials, especially those dealing with cognitive behavioural therapy. but honestly googling "best self-help books" and reading the descriptions to see if they might apply to your problem is a good place to start. it's what I would do if I were looking for such.

these are all things that have helped me when therapy wasn't affordable, wasn't working, or when I was just at one of those places in life where I was trying to go without it.

also, I don't know you, but you don't sound stupid at all. a stupid person would be like "why do I have all these problems and why doesn't someone just fix them for me" but you actually know that you're the one who has to take the reins and fix your shit. and you're asking for help in doing it. honestly that is pretty smart.

as for being weird, it is pretty lonely being weird. but apart from that, being weird is pretty okay. it gives you a perspective most people don't have. learn to use it to your advantage. how do you do that? you will have to figure that one out on your own.

you will be fine anon. from one weirdo with psychological problems to another.
>>
I'm sorry, anon. I have very little family and no friends, but I have gotten some enjoyment from solitary hobbies and the acquaintances I have at work.

My advice to you is that if you're having trouble making acquaintances, to just own your awkwardness and to try and make it a redeeming feature. I have learned to laugh at myself first, and it's been a really fun way to trick myself into feeling normal. I even forget how uncomfortable interaction makes me feel, sometimes.

It's ok to be weird and stupid, I know I am. I think everyone is in some ways, but its tough being a self aware weirdo. Hang in there.
>>
>>17142147
also I used the word "pretty" way too much, sorry about that. need sleep.
>>
What can you do right now, at this very moment, that you think would be a step toward a positive habit? It can be something very small. You can clean your room a little, you can stand up and stretch to improve your posture, you can do a small task that you've been procrastinating. You have to approach one day at the time. What little thing can you do right now that would help make you feel on the right path?
>>
>>17142138

A lot of things, I don't even know where to start from. There are some things so embarassing that I won't ever tell anyone in this very imageboard, even though I post as an anonymous user. My head is always like a whirlpool, full of thoughts and feelings. Alongside a single day I can even feel a number of different emotions, despite not having any outside factor inducing to do so. I feel very existentialistic, and am constantly brainstorming useless philosophical stuff inside my own head. It's like autism, or whatever. Sometimes when I'm completely by myself I feel like I'm in one of those sci fi movies, where there's a spaceship travelling in a very fast speed in space, and all stars start getting blurried. Difference being I'm not safe inside the inertia of an armored spaceship.

I have a lot of outside factors that I think that affect me, like family and finance, but ultimately the perceiver of these outside factors is me. If someone else was in my place, I think they would not make as much of a fuss over the matters I do. I don't like talking about this much because I don't want to sound like a special snowflake, but just to exemplify one of the things that I by far don't even consider as a slight concern is the fact that my father abandoned me at birth. What I'm trying to say is that I feel so much shit that this is nothing but a detail to me. I apologize if I'm sounding like I want to be special, it's not my intention.

I'm also very clumsy. It feels like I'm not myself unless I'm 110% isolated from the outside world.

You should also take into account the possibility that everything I just typed could be one way or the other be wrong, wheter it's completely false or just distorted reality. I think I lie to myself and, more importantly, I'm pretty dumb when it comes to interpreting feelings, rerality, this kind of thing.

Sorry about the wall of text.

Thanks for the support anyway.

>>17142147
>>17142148
Thank you. Appreciated.
>>
>>17142160

>What little thing can you do right now that would help make you feel on the right path?

I have an answer for that, I think, but if I shared it, you wouldn't take me seriously, or at the very least would make you feel uncomfortable, or something like that.

I made this thread partially thinking about this, the very fact that I have to figure out something that I apparently suppose is complex but cannot share the situation with anyone else, even as "Anonymous".

Don't worry though, I did not commit any crime, and it doesn't have to do with other people.
>>
>>17142172
Wall of texts and being "special" are totally fine if you were asked for details OP.

Anon, you've got to go one of two route with this. (because fuck middle grounds and dialectic behavioral therapy) Do you want to change or do you want to be fine with who you are. You'll see a lot of advice pushing you one way or the other and you'll find trying to pursue both will leave you with neither. If you're looking to be comfy where you already are at look into mindfulness meditation (the western version not the religious one) If you're looking to change yourself make a list of behaviors or responses to things you'd like to change and work to make small changes every day. Obviously if you have symptoms like hallucinations, suicidal ideation, or violent behaviors(to either yourself or others) seek professional treatment.
>>
>>17142194
Thank you, again.
But what if I don't know what I want?
I know this might sound stupid, but how can I be sure I want to follow one of these two paths?
When someone asks me what I want, I not only do not know what I want, but more importantly, I don't know what's the "right" choice.
>>
Wall of txt every where wtf?

Op it is simple follow instuctions and you'll be less dumb.

1. Run, the runners high is a powerful thing cures depression for a bit.

2. Lift weights, getting juicy looks good you feel strong and testoterone will help you a bit.

3. Eat healthy, good food improves your life overall lots of veggies some meats fruits are ok

4. Talk to people, anyone is fine start off with hello, ask their name and see where it goes.

See what you can and can't say see what stuff most people talk about.

If you run eat right and work out most people would say your above average as a person.

Get a job it'll give you a sense of responsibility and bank to by things you like.

Welcome to the normie life op were happy to see you here.
>>
>>17142184
I have reached spiritual enlightenment when it comes to internet degeneracy. I don't think your answer would make me feel uncomfortable. It's fine if you can't share it with anyone else even as anonymous. If you think your answer would make you feel like you're on the right path then I believe in you. You should do that thing.
>>
>>17142208
The right choice is the one that lets you sleep at night. -Sword Master Zahel. But seriously the "right" route to something like this depends a lot on you. Do you want to change something because you're in pain? Is it distressing to you that things are the way they are? The path of acceptance and the path of change can both be rewarding. My advice is to try a little bit of both. Start with change, make small changes, make progress at things that are moderately difficult. If the results of your efforts are pleasing to you keep doing it. If change doesn't bring you any comfort try working toward accepting who you are.
>>
>>17142229
There still are other people lurking the thread, and the embarassment might not come from others but from myself. But it has to do with the expression "mai'. Do you think you can understand what I mean? It has causing me a lot of emotional problems recently, supposedly everything would be perfect but it all went downhill for very clear yet unexpected reasons.
>>
>>17142230
not OP but nice advice, anon. Got me thinking
>>
>>17142249
I'm afraid I don't understand what it means. Mai is the name of the current month in french, which is the first thing that comes to my mind since I am french, but I am most likely missing the mark. Whatever mai means to you, I hope you find your answers. Godspeed my friend.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.