[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Hey /adv/,

I have a dilemma.

Basically, I worked for a company as an intern (along with others). I worked really hard, staying overtime and stuff, I thought I did really well. I even got a really great review from my manager.
However, at the end of the year, some interns who I know didn't work as hard or didn't necessarily get a great review or anything got a full-time job offer, whereas I was only offered a contract.

I feel a little betrayed and cheated by the company. I took the contract cause the economy is bad right now, but I want to know if I should bother working towards getting hired by the company. It doesn't seem like they really believe in me, or they don't trust me or something.

What should I do? Should I maybe just work a bit then look elsewhere?

The contract is 2 years.

Thanks in advance.

PS. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>17141146
If you take the contract, you're going to be stuck working for people who consider you to being inferior to your peers, for two soul sucking years. Better to get a full time position where people actually give a shit about you.
>>
>>17141189
Yeah, I'm still looking. Hopefully I get something else. Thanks for the /adv.
>>
>>17141146

With the contract there is more flexibility- they can send you to another department when you are done, maybe they think ypu are a bit too 'good' and won't rely on you to fill a position because they fear you will change jobs and leave them without specific skillset, a contract holds you tighter for those two years.

However, the importnt part is salary- what are they paying you, what bonus options do you have?
Are you being short-changed?
Remember ypu cn always negotiate, and if you feel this situation is wrong, why don't you have a talk with your manager who apparently likes you enough to give a good review.
>>
>>17141146
Maybe you should've asked, mother fucker.
>>
>>17141358
The pay is the same, except I dont get any pension, or benefits and I have to pay the same Union dues without being part of the stupid Union.

>>17141365
I did, they said they had "too much to choose from". Guess I forgot to mention they even hired people who never worked for them....which really hits me much harder, desu. Also, I don't want to come off as some cocky jerk.
>>
>>17141146
Can't you negotiate that contract? Maybe beef it up so it's not so bad? You gotta tell em straight brother.
>>
>>17141647
I didn't. They probably know the market is shit and that I won't have anywhere to really go on...

I'm still applying to other jobs, but to be honest I think I'm gonna have to stick with this job for a bit, as much as it kills me inside. I haven't started working and I'm already feeling unmotivated to work there; unfortunately, I need money to pay for rent, car, etc.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.