[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dunno wht to do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: woods.jpg (759 KB, 900x598) Image search: [Google]
woods.jpg
759 KB, 900x598
I have a girlfriend and I've been with her for almost a year now, we came close to breaking up once but it crushed me and I think she felt terrible about it too.
Recently, I've developed a fucker of a big crush on someone else. They're quite similar people, and I think it's just the fact that this other girl is new so I get to have all the interesting conversations with her over again is why I'm crushing on her so bad. The key difference is that this other girl lives some distance away (not fuck off far like in another country, but she's about 40 miles away while my gf is only about 5).
I really don't want to be a piece of shit and I do love my gf, it's just that things are slowing down as of late which is probably why I got my attention drawn to this other girl. What should I do, /adv/?
>>
pic unrelated obvs
>>
>>17140482
fap and then decide who u see ur self marrying, and who u see ur self fucking for fun.
>>
>>17140505
I don't have enough pics of girl from far away to really fap to her without having to use my imagination to fill in what I don't know. I could honestly see myself with either, and I guess fucking my current gf for fun more but only because I have no idea what new girl is like sex wise. She could be more into it than my gf, she could hate it for all I know. Either way, sex is a second priority.
>>
>>17140543
u clearly havent fapped yet
u dirty playa
i meant fap to anything
fap to ur sexy hand
>>
>>17140578
you mean you think I'm in this dilemma bc I'm horny?
>>
Is this your first relationship that's made it this long?
>>
>>17140589
No, this is my fourth. 1 was about 4 months, 2 just shy of a year, 3 about 4 weeks, and this one will be a year in about a week.
>>
Speed things up with your current girlfriend?

My SO and I had something similar recently. Her first relationship, my realest and most honest. After our honeymoony period and living together for a year and change shit got stale. Our lives are stale, our conversations are stale. The last few months have been panic attack after panic attack of what are we doing we should see other people we should be together for life or not at all at this point were boring we dont talk we dont do new things we dont experience life together we dont connect we dont love.

And so over a series of very heated, very angry very REAL freakouts on both our parts, many tears and night on the couch we figured where our paths were headed, and where we wanted them to intersect. We figured what we want to be doing in the moment and how we can help each other get the things that we want, even if it doesn't directly affect our relationship.

Shit feels different man. She's so goddamn interesting. Shes so powerful, so sexy. Weve fucked non-stop the last few weeks.

I had always been afraid of moving a relationship to this level, because I thought I would be losing a part of myself to a commitment. Part of the present me would die so that future me could have a relationship.

I could not have been more wrong. I feel more imdepentant and stronger than ever, more in control of my life and my relationship. I've never felt freer to walk away without either of us getting hurt but never felt a stronger sense of wanting to stay.

gl homie
>>
>>17140584
yes because u mentioned sex 40 times
you havent compared and contrasted anything else
>>
>>17140621
damn that shits powerful man I hope I can feel it
>>
>>17140621
u guys are happy becuase u found motivation in life, sounds like u guys both have depression
>>
>>17140598
OK. So yeah, actually, this is your longest relationship to date. I'm not trying to be condescending -- there's just some things you have to have been in a relationship for 2-3+ years to have experienced.

I can't tell you whether you should stay in this relationship (that depends on you, and also on your partner) but I can tell you that you're going to go through a phase like this in any and every relationship you ever have. You could be dating your soul mate, the absolute love of your life, and after the infatuation phase ends you'd still enter that awful period of comfortable boringness and start to question the whole thing. And in my experience, nine times out of ten, that's when some new girl is going to pop up in your life and you'll start crushing on her hard.

Good news is that all that is cyclical. I'm engaged and we've been together for quite a few years now. I've gone through more than one patch where I wasn't even particularly interested in my partner, but I rode it out, and without fail things circled back to the point where I was crazy head over heels in love with her again. From what I've read, and from conversations I've had with other married folks, that's very common.

Even just last year, I was sorta tired of my relationship, and there was this one girl at work who I couldn't stop thinking about for days on end. Goddamn did I feel like just saying "fuck this, I'm done" and asking her out. A year later I can't keep my hands off my fiance and I'm struggling to remember the other girl's face. It comes back around.

Like I said, I can't tell you whether or not you should stay, but IF you don't have any actual complaints with your relationship (sex life is getting shitty, you guys fight a lot, etc) and you can maybe see a future with her, I'd stay at least long enough to complete one "cycle" and get back to the infatuation stage. You'll have more perspective then.

Sorry for the long fucking post.
>>
>>17140621
I don't really understand what you're saying :(
What is it that you did that made you feel like that?
>>
>>17140659
loving someone isnt about how good they are in bed, its about their personality and their presence, something you havent done with that coworker. when will men stop using their dicks as a brain.
>>
>>17140669
I have absolutely no idea how this is supposed to be a response to what I wrote.

I mentioned our sex life exactly once in that post (and I could have just as easily written "I get butterflies every time we hang out," "I can't stop thinking about her smile," or whatever other sweet thing you'd prefer.)

Next time please do me the courtesy of actually replying to my post and not to whatever straw man you've constructed in your head.
>>
>>17140659
Length is good my dude. I dunno about complaints, I doubt that now is the time to assess them tho what with where my mind is. One thing I will definitely say bothers me and has done for about 3/4 of our relationship is physical contact- not just sex, but kissing and cuddling etc. She was horny as FUCK in the summer when we met, and when we weren't fucking like rabbits we were cuddling and just talking about life. Just sitting there in one another's arms was enough to keep us both entertained, but now it seems only I think that way. I brought it up with her and she said she doesn't know why, she just isn't interested in physical contact as much and even went so far as to say that she doesn't find me as attractive as she once did, and that she has more need for personal space now. I suggested that maybe it was the pill making her like that (it is a listed side effect) or that she'd been a while with no contact so had a sorta pent up need, but we burned through all that for her.
>>
>>17140669
I dunno what you read but this guy isn't just talking about sex. Fuck off if you're not going to be helpful or at the very least fun to talk to.
>>
>>17140684
Well, that's definitely a problem. Not an uncommon one, unfortunately. Sex is so fucking important when it comes to keeping men feeling invested in a relationship -- if it's cooled down that much I'm not surprised you're checking out.

Unfortunately dealing with that is kind of outside the scope of this thread. I mean, there's been whole books written about that phenomenon, there's marriage counselors who've based their entire careers on it, and so on. It's possible to work through it, but it does take effort on both of your parts.

Getting her off the pill is a good idea, though. It really can fuck with your sex drive -- I went through that with the same fucking girl and things got better within a month of taking her off of it, maybe not back to the "new relationship" level but back to a level we were both happy with.
>>
>>17140696
Sadly I already asked her to come off it and she doesn't want to. Condoms are useless, I can't feel a thing through them, and the implant fucks with her head. That just leaves the injection, which she's already said she can't be bothered going to get every 3 months.
I still come back to the moral dilemma though. I want to do what's right, for both of us, though I have no idea what's right. I'd feel shitty for saying 'I'm bored of you' but that'd be the truth. I'm trying to keep my head down because short distance by far trumps long (girl 2 is as good as long distance, it takes about 3 hours to drive to where she lives) even if we can't do the do more than once a month.
>>
>>17140717
I could be wrong but I can't help but think that the reason you're feeling bored has to have something to do with the fact that your sex life has slowed down to almost nil. I mean, once a month is crazy, and leads me to suspect that there's no real romance left either -- and if she doesn't like cuddling with you anymore, then there's very little left that makes it feel like a relationship. No wonder you're bored. You can't sustain a relationship with zero romance or physical intimacy. You just can't.

It's never a pleasant conversation to have, but the next step might have to be sitting her down and saying something like, "Look, the lack of sex is becoming a huge problem for me. I feel like I'm drifting away from you and I'm starting to question the whole relationship." Make sure to tell her that if it has something to do with you, something you should be doing or shouldn't be doing, that it's OK to tell you, you won't be offended.

If she refuses to consider coming off the pill and refuses to work with you on this in other ways, then she's essentially telling you that she doesn't care enough to save the relationship. At that point I'd just leave.
>>
>>17140658
Thats what I feel from my end. Shes had a rough history and I've not wanted to call her mental state depression, but there is a fire in both of us that I see in your traditional image of "not-depressed person"

>>17140662
Basically >>17140659 . This guy gets it.
>>
>>17140772
Alright. Thanks dude. I'll sleep on it :)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.