[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ADD/ADHD advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: add.jpg (63 KB, 646x463) Image search: [Google]
add.jpg
63 KB, 646x463
Welp, just got laid off from my 3rd job in 4 years and it's getting harder and harder to stick to a conducive daily routine if it's not forced on me much less pick up a new skill to be more employable in this job market.

Anybody here have success dealing with adult ADD/ADHD and care to share advice? I don't really have access to counseling or money for medication at the moment
>>
>>17140158
smoke meth
>>
>>17140160

Tried it. It just gave me really bad anxiety so I occasionally take ephedrine + caffeine whenever I need a boost.
>>
Have you been properly diagnosed with it? Had a brain wave scan and everything?
>>
>>17140177

Not really. I've taken it up with my doctor when I came in for depression but he just gave me SSRIs instead. The more I read up on my symptoms that's probably why I get depression in the first place though
>>
>>17140185
sigh

Most misunderstood condition ever.

True add is the result of a neutral chemical imbalance in the brain not explainable through other means, and accompanied by observable behavioral symptoms.

The imbalance is treated with stimulants like Ritalin.

It's not supposed to be diagnosed by general practice doctors
>>
File: 1404408400534.jpg (53 KB, 634x467) Image search: [Google]
1404408400534.jpg
53 KB, 634x467
bumping with kot
>>
get free health insurance through govt

go to an add doctor who takes it

get your adderall and enjoy life

I have adult ADD and seriously doing this made me so much happier. I haven't felt this focused and in control of myself since I was like 6. It's worth the bullshit, paperwork, and dealing with people you don't care for.

Just know it won't fix your life. Only you can do that. But the medicine will make it 10x easier since you're not constantly battling with yourself to focus for 5 seconds.
>>
fack
>>
>>17140158
i have adhd and i know how u feel
u want to do 50 things every day and ur todo list keep piling
but u feel no energy except to bounce off the walls for constant happiness cause if u dont then its easy to feel depressed again.
u should try adderall for when u have a ton of shit that u havent done yet.
>>
>>17140209
are u referring to not having enough natural dopamine
>>
When you live with ADHD, you develop coping mechanisms in your daily life. You have to find something which you genuinely enjoy and use it as a tool to get things done, otherwise you will never be able to cope, you set goals to which you do a shit task to get onto a better one and try and find positives, but it has many factors, including your personality, financial situation, family situation etc. I was a Ritalin kid growing up and when starting highschool I convinced my parents i didn't need it and would cope. i persevered the entire time, doing crap in subjects i could care less about and doing well in things i enjoyed, but i didnt have a level of maturity or hindsight to know that i probably should have tried my best in everything. i wasnt truly self aware. All jobs have ups and downs, you cant be having fun all the time, you just have to buckle down and do it. if you have the self awareness to know you have a problem there isn't a reason you cant power through.
I do many things to make sure i stay on track when working and multitasking especially when i have to manage major projects at work etc. Lots and lots of post it notes. lots of email reminders, always carrying a notebook and noting what I'm doing and date and time to finish off.

Depends on what job your in. Just persevere and constantly remind yourself why you are there.
>>
>>17140705
worst advice i ever heard
you tell a adhd kid to find something their interested in
theyre going to be doing it 25/8
>>
File: expose yourself.jpg (156 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
expose yourself.jpg
156 KB, 640x1136
OP here, thanks for the replies. I guess my biggest problem is I'd find work on something I thought I was interested in, do it for a year and then lose interest all of a sudden. That would reflect on my performance and I'd get the boot when the layoffs come.

Ironically I'd get into jobs doing Marketing/Admin work where you have to be organized to make sense of things and thrive there at least for a good part of one year.

How did you find out what you wanted to do long term?
>>
>>17140718
Well its better than having a job which you aren't interested in, not everyone even has the choice or skills to choose what they want to do, if your one of those people who doesn't have an option, you struggle and just make do and its one of those things which you need to come to terms with and just understand the realities of life. At the end of the day you have to work to live. Everyone needs money to survive.
If you have ever been in the situation where your down to your last dollar and you cant afford rent, food, pay your bills etc, that's going to affect your reasoning at work and knowing you need to bring your A game and produce, because you don't want to go through that again. that's why i said it depends on a lot of factors. Those circumstances will stick in your mind.

Sure there are tough times at work and you get bored of it and it might not be the best of fun.
I was just giving my personal experience and what i did to try and cope with the issues i have.
>>
Get meds. It's literally the only way with ADHD.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.