[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeking Imprisonment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 60523834_1280x720.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
60523834_1280x720.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
I'm been seeing a therapist for the past two years over feelings of gender dysphoria, but I am beginning to suspect that I may have other mental issues on top of that that it would require me to be put away in a straightjacket and padded cell.

So my question to all of you is this... if I go to check myself into a mental hospital, would they turn me away because they don't admit people with gender dysphoria or will they admit me for these other undiagnosed issues?
>>
I dig crazy chicks yet I have no idea how to meet one.
>>
Most likely that they're already at or near full capacity, so they'll ask you a few questions or get you to fill in a questionnaire.
They'll only take you in if they think you are posing a serious threat to your own life or to damaging the lives of others.
Also bear in mind these places aren't comfy recovery clinics, they're a hell on Earth full of people running around naked, eating light-bulbs and shit.
>>
>>17139891

what are these issues and why do you think you need to be locked p for them? mental hospitals like this arent for treatment, they are for imprisonment as you said. why not seek therapy?
>>
>>17139891
I heard mental hospitals (in America, anyway, which I'm assuming is where you are) can be insanely expensive. If you check in and then decide to check out, you'll have a four-figure bill for your trouble. Just something to consider.
>>
>>17139918
I'm not sure but from looking up my signs and symptoms from various websites I could be schizophrenic, borderline personality disorder, bipolar, or a sociopath.

>>17139908
Fuck, I'll spend some of my own money to have a cell constructed. I really feel like I need to be locked up.
>>
>>17139908
I'm not sure if you're describing modern health facilities or the insane asylums of old. Most insane asylums have been shut down in the United States.

I don't think they even use straightjackets anymore.
>>
>>17140302

>according to very vague descriptions i read online, i have determined that i am a hypochondriac.

go see a therapist and find out. but even they misdiagnose all the fucking time.
>>
>>17139891

You really don't need to be committed unless you're a danger to yourself or others. Admit it anon, you're just looking for a free hotel
>>
>>17140334
Are mental health facilities really comfortable enough to be considered a "free hotel"?
>>
>>17140360
No.
I worked in one. You don't want to go there unless you have no other options. It's a fucking zoo. Of course some are better and some are worse but still, I would never go there out of free will.
>>
OP here and I sometimes have violate fantasies of torturing people and even pets. I just had a bad thought of taking a kitchen knife and chopping up my doggie with it. I'm always mean to them and I have no idea why.
>>
>>17140456
Everyone has fantasies, unless you ever done anything like that I wouldn't bother. If you have you should probably see a psychologist or something.
>>
>>17139891
I'm going to give it to you as straight as possible.

You are terrified of facing adult life, which is something we all have to do. You are are worried about being held responsible for something and want to retreat to a place where people will care for you.

Pick yourself up OP. You're not alone. Being an adult sucks, it does. Trying to check yourself into a mental hospital is going to set you back further. You're not crazy, you're just lazy and scared.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.