[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
today marks 2 weeks since my interview with a company i want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1428822232615.jpg (53 KB, 471x258) Image search: [Google]
1428822232615.jpg
53 KB, 471x258
today marks 2 weeks since my interview with a company i want to work at. i've sent a follow up email like they asked, and haven't heard from them since.

should i email them again to ask where i am in the process?
>>
No, somtines it can take upto 3 months. Just keep applying elsewhere if you're anxious and in need of a job.
>>
the interview went really well though and they made themselves out like they really wanted to hire me.

so i should just forget about them? i've also been applying elsewhere, i just want to know where i stand in the process...
>>
>>17139716
Give them at least another week.

And then don't ask about the application. Find a more subtle way to remind them of your existence.

For example, find a newspaper clipping or online item relevant to something you and they talked about in your interview and send it - "I saw this and remembered that you spoke of your interest in the subject when we met two weeks ago."
>>
>>17139731
is it really that bad to ask for an update?

i guess i can wait another week.
>>
>>17139744
Just stop anon you're coming off as desperate and annoying
>>
>>17139725
What did they say at the end? Sometimes they act like that out of courtesy, but what they say at the end really gives away their decision or likelihood of hiring you
>>
It's very unlikely they're sat around waiting for you to message them to make their decision. If you know they are looking to start someone soon then consider messaging them -- your interest and commitment might give you the edge.

If not just fucking wait.
>>
>>17139774
you would be this antsy too if it was your dream job mayne

>>17139779
some background; there was an "interview day" held at my school, so the company was aware i had more interviews to go to. also, there was 6 of the members of the company that was interviewing me.

>dude that recruited me: "can you send us some of your process works? we'd just like to see your work flow and if you have a personal website, we'd love to see more of your art."

>lady/head HR: "you have our card right? send us an email and we'll have a look at it from there."

>the rest of the team is like joking around and looking at my portfolio, it settles down eventually

>lady/head HR: "anyways, you're obviously very talented and we would love to have you on our team. take some time to think about it. and even if you don't choose us, the studio that you choose to go with would be extremely lucky to have you."

and that was it.

>>17139792
ok.jpg
>>
>>17139838
If its a game comp, like i said, it can take like three months just chill and keep painting or modeling or whatever the fuck you do.
>>
>>17139919
alright then, thanks
>>
>>17139716
If they want to hire you, they're not gonna forget to tell you.

If you send them even a single email it will only make you seem desperate and reflect poorly on you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.