[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being a neet? Graduated high school two years ago,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: A-316297-1150241969.jpeg.jpg (6 KB, 197x281) Image search: [Google]
A-316297-1150241969.jpeg.jpg
6 KB, 197x281
How do I stop being a neet? Graduated high school two years ago, took a few bullshit gen-eds at a community college. I'm going to a university in the fall but have nothing to do until then. I want to work, but don't want a job in my current location because every day I spend in my parents' house is hell. How do I take the plunge to move out, find an apartment in the city where I'm going to go to school, and have a job lined up when I get there?

I've struggled with depression and a lack of motivation to do anything since middle school. I've seen a few therapists and am seeing one now, but due to autism-like social issues, talking out my problems does nothing for me.

How do I move out ASAP even though I've wanted to for years and could never muster up the motivation to go through the process of becoming an independent adult?
>>
>>17138635
>How do I stop being a neet?
By going to school or getting a job. Oh look at that, you've already done it. Congratulations.
>>
>>17138659
but i haven't been in school since january and i only get out of bed to eat and pee
>>
>>17138665
But you're enrolled in school. By fucking definition you're not a NEET.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 320x215) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 320x215
>>17138665
>i only get out of bed to eat and pee
Who's taking care of you?
>>
>Look for an apartment in that city
>Look for simple labor job in that city
>Use income to pay for apartment and live a simple lifestyle until school begins
>"But I can't be motivated to do that" "I'm too depressed" "I just don't want to"
Then your situation isn't as bad as you make it out to be and you're actually quite happy where you are.

This is /adv/ not /zen-like magical life solutions/
>>
>>17138684
my parents are taking care of me physically and it's making me complacent, but mentally i'm at the end of my rope, will definitely ctb before school starts if i don't get out of my parents' house before school starts
>>
>>17138704
So do nothing and make no action plan. You've already decided to take no steps forward because of your complacency. All you're good at is repeating woe-is-me type bullshit.

What have you actually done? Anything? Have you looked up any rooms for rent in that city? Job vacancies? Or are you just going to remain comfortable? It's easier to lay there after all, but then you lose your right to complain.
>>
>>17138736
I have, actually. I'm good at looking into things. I just don't know how to put it together. If I did I would have been gone years ago.
>>
>>17138746
I don't know what "put it together" means. Refer back to >>17138684

1. Find a job in the area. Anything you're qualified to do that you're able to manage. Labor, retail, etc. Doesn't matter.
2. Find something to rent to live in. Just a room for board will do. I'm not American so I don't know the best site to look up these sorts of things. This will save on bills and you only need to pay rent.
3. Hopefully you have a car. Anyway, coordinate your job's start date and your flat's move-in date.
4. Prepare adequate furniture. Bring what you have, buy what you need. The flat might have a kitchen for you to use, otherwise you'll need your own little fridge and a microwave.
5. Move in, begin working, survive.

Is this too difficult? If yes, then you're happy where you are. If not, then get started. You are now able to "put it together."
>>
>>17138759
i cant do it
>>
>>17138773
Then fuck off.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.