[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does smoking weed help anxiety attacks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1463026829123.png (295 KB, 397x463) Image search: [Google]
1463026829123.png
295 KB, 397x463
My gf has major bouts of anxiety and panic attacks. I've tried cuddling with her, taking her out for a spa day to reduce stress, talking it out with her pretty much everything. A friend of mine said that smoking weed helped him with his anxiety. Is it true? are there any side effects to this?
>>
>>17138230
Everyone reacts differently to pot. Personally, being high made me 10x more anxious.
>>
>>17138230
>>17138230
>>17138230

I can get paranoia and anxiety attacks from smoking weed

So there is that

But hey, the side effect of some anti-depressants is suicidal thoughts
>>
>>17138230
Being high always made my anxiety worse both while high and not high. You'll hear a bunch of people saying it's some sort of miracle drug, but that's just overblown.
>>
>>17138230

Depends on the person. For me weed made my anxiety worse. The only panic attacks I've had were while I was high.

I don't know if the strain of weed has anything to do with it. Maybe there's a different influence on anxiety depending on if it's an indica or a sativa.
>>
>>17138237
>>17138239
>>17138243

Sounds to me it just makes it a whole lot worse, thanks for the input, we'll try to find some better ways to cope with it
>>
>>17138230
The anxiety effects only occurred for me when I was around people I wasn't really close with.

Weed, sex, food, and netflix. Feels good, man.
>>
>>17138264
She has small things that I guess "trigger" her panic attacks such as work or her family problems or just normal household chores, I try my best to do most the work around the house so that when she comes home she can sit right down and chill
>>
>>17138230
Illicit drugs probably won't help.
On the other hand, I would have never gone out when I had anxiety if it wasn't for pot. Shit put me at ease so I wasn't so paranoid.
>>
>>17138274

As much as this sounds nice, you should be very very careful not to become a crutch

She needs to learn to get over it, there are many ways of controlling panic attacks, breathing excersizes, thinking excersizes, avoidance technigues, sitting down and taking a breather and many other things.

You doing her chores and walking on eggshells will just keep her stuck in her patterns and you will become the eggshell man of her life
>>
I dont know about better but they can make them WAY worse. Talking from experience. I would try something else.
>>
Pot could help. But it could also make her anxiety worse. I'd try a hybrid or Indica - stay away from Sativas.

Also, smelling fresh ground pepper can deduce anxiety from pot.

Good luck
>>
File: 1430368023072.gif (254 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1430368023072.gif
254 KB, 255x255
There are a lot of factors that go into this.

Everybody reacts to weed differently. You're mood and state of mind will definitely effect your high more than anything. If you smoke while already having a lot on your mind, it's going to amplify your anxiety. You could potentially get stuck in those thoughts, and probably have a panic attack.

Different strains have different effects. But it's hard to know what you're getting from most street dealers.

Short answer: No, weed doesn't help with anxiety attacks. It can help in the long term. Enough cannabinoids in your system can help reduce the frequency of anxiety attacks, but it's definitely not an immediate cure.
>>
>>17138230
>My gf has major bouts of anxiety and panic attacks. I've tried cuddling with her, taking her out for a spa day to reduce stress, talking it out with her pretty much everything. A friend of mine said that smoking weed helped him with his anxiety. Is it true? are there any side effects to this?

Don't. Weed just intensifies feelings and sensations. She'd prolly have them worsened.

I, myself, get anxiety problems if I think about stuff I shouldn't think of when I'm high.
>>
>>17138230
Personally my draw to weed was the help it gave to my anxiety, helped me sleep when my mind was racing, helped me eat when I was too upset to eat. People act differently though so I can't speak for others. I'm on medication now to help but sometimes I miss smoking because it would make me feel better almost instantly
>>
File: 1437397744911.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1437397744911.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
>>17138814
You're at the same level I'm at with weed and anxiety. You've reached a point where you can control it. Even if you go in with a lot on your mind, you know how to not get stuck in those negative thoughts and just enjoy the high.

But you can't deny at some point or another you've had a bad trip
>>
>>17138230
I have get and panic attacks and weed makes them a thousand times worse.

My girlfriend has anxiety and panic attacks and she seems to think it helps.

It isn't a particularly dangerous drug but smoking it every day tends to make people lazy.

Though it isn't as addictive as say cigarettes, people can get somewhat hooked on it. No withdrawal symptoms or anything; people just make bad choices about when to smoke or spend money they don't have.

Aside from the potential for a pretty nasty anxiety attack, though, smoking pot once is a pretty low risk thing.
>>
>>17138827
Only if I'm out doing something while high. I haven't smoked in a few months so it's kinda hard to remember specific examples, but if I'm ever in a position where others are relying on me (work, driving friends around) I hate being high.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.