[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this child abuse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 02mb399.jpg (131 KB, 2500x1560) Image search: [Google]
02mb399.jpg
131 KB, 2500x1560
>A guy around the age of 18 is having a bad day
>He comes home and a 5 yr old family member is annoying him
>She annoys him to a point where he yells at her and pushes her with force and she falls on her back.
>>
just sibling love.
>>
File: 1389556940799.jpg (32 KB, 395x454) Image search: [Google]
1389556940799.jpg
32 KB, 395x454
>>17137907

Anyone who is capable of turning their physical aggression onto a 5 year old child has some serious, serious problems issues.
>>
not completely related, but when i was in the last year of primary school ( i was about 10-11 i think) one day i went to go to the bathroom as normal but while i was taking a piss 2 kids who were much younger ( probably 6 or 7) started trying to open the door of the cubicle where i was pissing. cus my school was retarded they didnt have locks on the cubicle doors so my only option was to push the door.
this went on for a minute or so until they almost got the door open (by this time id finished my piss) so i kicked the door as hard as my young self could.

long story short when i kicked the door one kid had his hand in the door frame trying to get in to the cubicle. like 2 of his fingers got broken and supposedly he had to get plastic surgery on gis hand or something.

my punishment was i had to miss end of school prom ( but fuck that anyway lol)

so yh personally i still feel i was in the right, what else was i supposed to do lol
>>
As long as no illuminatis were abusing a child and doing payment to their parents of $100,000.. then this is not child abuse.
>>
No. If he came home and was seeking the kid out and looking for a reason to get verbal and physical then it would be abuse. It was just a kid who pushes an adult into anger. Its a good lesson to learn. Boundaries. The same thing happened when my sisters kids kept antagonizing my cat. We kept saying "hes gunna swat at you. Hes going to get mad" and low and behold 5 minutes later the cat swats him across the face. Im willing to bet the guy asked her to stop or her parents asked her to stop and and she just kept on going.
>>
>>17137929
dude everyone fucks up and does something awful once in awhile.

tell him he needs to get his shit sorted out immediately and if you see it happen again you'll find a way to sort it out for him.

>>17138204
there is a world of difference between spanking a child to discipline them,and just fucking shoving them to the ground because you're mad. you're not a cat, you're a thinking human being that knows better than to mindlessly attack a child.
>>
>>17137907
It's not abuse, but yelling would have been enough. You have to excersise some restraint with children this young, and I would say if the child is completely ignoring the yelling, then pick them up and physically put them either outside your room, or in their own room in a sort of 'time out'. Only if the child becomes physical, like slapping, punching, biting, would I ever recommend spanking them. But even then, I have seen my sister simply grab her childs hand tightly, not let go, and very firmly tell her "NO" while looking into her eyes, and then taking certain privileges away.

They may be young and immature, but they are still humans OP. You have to communicate properly with them, and violence is hardly ever the answer.
>>
>>17138223
your right. He should have only yelled but humans have a stress capacity and when that capacity gets reached the lid tends to blow off. Why didn't she take the hint he was having a bad day. Children are no strangers to body language. The point is it isn't abuse.
>>
File: 1386498370761.png (441 KB, 458x598) Image search: [Google]
1386498370761.png
441 KB, 458x598
>>17138223

>dude everyone fucks up and does something awful once in awhile.

Fucking up every once and awhile is maybe punching a door when you're mad. Fucking up every once and awhile is speeding to catch up with someone who cut you off, yelling at your kid or flipping a board game when you're losing.

Hitting a 5 year old child out of anger is inexcusable. I understand "spanking" is a controversial subject but I grew up with an abusive father so I fall sternly on the side of never teaching children to solve their problems using violence.

>Its a good lesson to learn. Boundaries. The same thing happened when my sisters kids kept antagonizing my cat.

That's a retarded metaphor. A grown adult is held to a higher moral standard than a cat. Being annoyed is not a good reason at all to physically attack a child.

>>17138246

> Why didn't she take the hint he was having a bad day.

Because she is fucking 5 years old you moron.

>The point is it isn't abuse.

Its a little presumptuous to say this child is being abused based on this one incident but it would be fair to say that if this behavior is a pattern then yes it would be abuse.

5 year olds are annoying. If this 18 year old responds to being annoyed by hitting the child every time then yes, thats abuse. Hitting a child because you're pissed off or frustrated isn't punishment or "boundary" setting, its committing an act of violence against a defenseless child.

Nothing is more terrifying as a child than being trapped in a violent house, not sure whether you're going to get hurt when you come home from school. Again, my personal experiences do influence my opinions on this a lot.

If it really is a one time incident I'd still recommend the 18 year old maybe see a therapist. Abuse usually escalates, so, better safe than sorry. Getting checked out couldn't hurt.
>>
>>17138278
>hitting
nobody said hitting you fucking sperg, the dude pushed her and she fell over. kids fall over all the fucking time.
>>
>>17138319
Op here, honestly it was as hard of a push as I'd give a friend to make him fall over.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.