[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never Been So Sick Before - Any Help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: pepe.png (109 KB, 360x340) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
109 KB, 360x340
I've had my throat filled with phlegm for 3 days straight, haven't slept at all from uncontrollable coughing/gagging. Have tried everything, even drinking vinegar.

Anyone know how to get rid of this damn phlegm?
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 255x197) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 255x197
You have ebola.
>>
Eat acidic fruits
>>
>>17137807
been drinking only orange juice for three hours
>>
>>17137796
Let me guess, no insurance?

Not sure exactly what you have but when I was a wee lad I had something similar and after 3 episodes. Had my tonsilis removed afterwards.
>>
>>17137813
i've had it before, pretty extreme, but this is worst. i'm canadian, free healthcare, but i can't go to the doctor's atm, car in shop.
>>
>>17137805
I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN
>>
>>17137817
As far as home remedies salt water and gargle and mucus medication until you can get to a doctor. If you find yourself not being able to breath definitly call your equivilant of 911.
>>
>>17137824
Salt water gargle and*
>>
>>17137824
yeah i can breath luckily, thanks for the suggestion, i'll try that.
>>
>>17137796
prop up your pillow so that you're at a 135 degree angle if you're in bed. it helped when i had pneumonia
>>
>>17137848
so basically put two pillows on top one another? Seems like it would work. i usually sleep on my side, did you sleep in a different position?
>>
>>17137853
sleeping on my side was the only way i could quickly cough it up into a bucket next to the bed. if you have the pillows, i'd make like a ramp of sorts with the pillows to mimic those reclining beds you see in the hospital.
>>
>>17137874
oh, i see, that makes sense. yeah i think i will invest in a bucket while i'm at it. Thanks anon, this is all a real help. So how long did your pneumonia last, anyway?
>>
>>17137817
>i'm canadian, free healthcare, but i can't go to the doctor's atm, car in shop.
Call a taxi?

Are your tonsils swollen? Check by standing in front of the mirror and using another small mirror to reflect light into your oral cavity. Also, do you have a fever? Nasal congestion?
>>
>>17137899
no money mate, plus it's not worth going in just on phlegm, i hate backing people up since they could be going through a lot worse shit. my mother had something like 10 chronic illnesses and she was always so annoyed when people with like, a cold, go in and hold up. one time she almost died because a woman had a mosquito bite.
>>
>>17137899
nasal congestion, yeah. checked tonsils, they're good. i can feel mucus secreting from the top of my nasal cavity to my throat sometimes.
>>
>>17137879
i was fine after a week or two because hospital gave me antibiotics. symptoms included coughing up blood, high fever, and a chest cramp. a chest cramp hurts like fuck every time you inhale and if you're not under medical supervision there's a real chance you could die. i had to wait until they gave me painkillers (advil) and it made it much better
>>
>>17137955
alright, definitley do not have pneumonia, then. i might take some advil, though, my throat is killing me. tylenol doesn't seem to work for some reason.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.