[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any tips for dealing with a panic attack? I had one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: panic.jpg (521 KB, 900x719) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
521 KB, 900x719
Anyone have any tips for dealing with a panic attack?
I had one for the first time last weekend and since then I've been worrying over little things.
Took another today during one of my finals - I've never been nervous during an exam before so it came as a bit of a shock.
>>
Well every time you have a panic attack, the first thing you should do is slowly and calmly remove yourself from the immediate surroundings. Find yourself a quiet "safe space" even if it means locking yourself up in the bathroom cubicle. Keep kitten pictures in your phone or something, that you could tangibly look at or hold on to and think calming thoughs about

>but what if I am having a panic attack because I lost my phone with my kitty pics or something

Don't just have one item. Assign positive calming thoughts with a whole bunch of objects, like clothing, shoes and so on. Get yourself into a weekly ritual as you get dressed like "this shirt is my favourite because I won a contest in this shirt before" to try and remember and hold on to the positive thoughts.
>>
>>17136995
Ever since I started reading novels they seem to have gone away.
Try reading it helped for me.
Or an activity where your mind is concentrated they fade away little by little.
>>
>>17137062
Appreciate it. Let the positive vibes flow through past memories and stuff, cool.

>>17137071
I've been studying so much the past few weeks that I've been missing out on a lot of physical activities so maybe that plays a big part?
>>
>>17137091
believe it or not, it does, I've been trying more exercise now and peopple have noticed that I've lost some weight and that I look better, look into neurotransmiters, just google and go to images, usually there is one page, let me attach it, it might help, avoid ssris and drugs, research for food that has them instead, also quit coffe, and fast food, all that has helped me a ton, here is the picture, hope the panic attacks go away,
Also I read that if you confront the panic attacks, little by little, they are often gone, Distract your mind from violent stuff, and look for stuff that heals your soul, to me anime has helped, shows like bakaramon help you restore your soul at least a little bit, good luck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDEW17UfHP0
>>
Meditation. I kid you not.
>>
>>17137116
this also helps a lot for sleep
>>
Now for a bit of the opposite:

How would I go about inducing a panic attack of nervous breakdown? I have become so complacent and I usually have to work myself up so much to feel even just a bit of worry or stress about something.

Honestly I've been longing for that feeling.
>>
>>17137131
well when I was taking an anti-psychotic, my feeling of ambiguouness became weak, thus my surroundings were really panic inducing, I wouldn't really like to go trough all that again, but hey man, good luck!
>>
>>17137104

Thanks anon, much appreciated.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.