[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Me >From a working class family >Got into college on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: album cover.jpg (599 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
album cover.jpg
599 KB, 900x900
>Me
>From a working class family
>Got into college on scholarship
>Smart, ambitious, and probably really bitter about having to fight hard for things others simply got handed
>Only okay looking

>Her
>From a wealthy family
>Got into college as a legacy student
>Very nice person, not very bright, very sheltered background
>9/10, modeled some as a teenager

We've been married six months and she's starting to grate on me. How to marriage?
>>
>>17136842
Try to see things from her perspective, ask her to see things from your perspective. It's one thing to be proud of your accomplishments and it's another to use your accomplishments as an excuse to look down on others.
>>
You are not a very bright person, are you? You have now learned that marriage does not work on "stat points" and what it means to sell your love out for the sake of what you believe is an "accomplishment" or "success".

I suppose you can get an annullment, it's only been 6 months.
>>
>>17136855

That's communication 101. We learned that one while we were dating.

>>17136863

You sound mad about something. Don't project it onto something unrelated.
>>
>>17136873
>You sound mad about something. Don't project it onto something unrelated.
Do you ever take your own advice instead of shitposting about your married life like it's tabletop RPG character sheets?

Whether you're a scholarship student or she was a legacy student means nothing if you are now a contemptuous dipshit.
>>
>>17136880

>People with different backgrounds have different social expectations and outlooks on life
>Bringing this up when asking for advice on how to cohabitate better is "contemptuous"

You see how hard you're projecting?
>>
>>17136892
What you did in college means jack shit in your married life, which should have been a step taken independent of shit you did in college. Whining about how your wife's wealthy background grates on you is the most pointless shit I have ever heard. What do you want her to do, go back in a time machine and bankrupt her parents?

Stop picking imaginary bullshit theoretical tumblrfights with an imaginary version of your wife that only exists in your head about socioeconomic differences and actually argue about things that do matter like closing the damn toilet lid.
>>
Don't marry someone stupid because they're pretty and rich.

Wow, that was hard.
>>
>>17136912
Watch out, you're going to start pulling OP aggro with keywords like "projecting".
>>
>>17136901
>>17136916

U mad.

>>17136912

I didn't marry her because she's pretty and rich. I married her because she's NICE and pretty.
>>
>>17136873
If you're both communicating and understanding each other, then why is she grating on you?
>>
>>17136931

Because we can only communicate about so much at a time, and said communication only leads to so much progress. So of the host of stuff that comes with living together that we both have to deal with that we aren't used to there is a limit to how much we can fix by talking it out piece by piece.
>>
>>17136919
Why would I be mad that I haven't trapped myself in a shitty marriage where I despise my own wife?

>>17136931
As you can tell from his obnoxious word salad, he feels a need to look down on her because she's had such an easy life and him looking down upon her will somehow make up for it. Unless and until he moves from this stance of everyone-else-but-him-is-wrong he will never improve.
>>
>>17136940
It's not about fixing things, it's about not getting irritated because someone's different than you. You haven't said anything that would be worth breaking up a marriage over, and living with someone else really shouldn't be as difficult as you make it out to be.
>>
If you can't accept somebody then why marry them?
You're never going to find a girl that has an identical background to you, and even if you did you probably wouldn't like her.
Maybe you are just the kind of person that looks for flaws in others?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.