[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, is there a manual on how to function as a human being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: sparrow.png (596 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sparrow.png
596 KB, 1280x720
/adv/, is there a manual on how to function as a human being and take care of yourself?

i kinda missed a lot of memos when i was growing up
>>
Step 1: Try to do things that make you happy

Step 2: Try not to hurt other people in your pursuit of Step 1

If you want a more specific answer, you need to ask a more specific question.
>>
>>17136702
Different faiths offer ways to live and most reinforce being a good person overall. Explore spirituality and see which path might be right for you! GL!
>>
>>17136719

>if you want a more specific answer you need to ask more specific questions

mostly this.

>>17136702

im not sure what you are asking really, what aspect of life? all? lets start with the basics.

>get a job
>use your money to pay your rent first, as the rest can be paid when needed
>use leftover money to buy food. as a single person you should be able to eat well with 250 dollars a month. try not to spend more than this.
>use leftover money to pay your bills.
>anything left after that should be split between savings and fun.

shower once a day, brush your teeth twice a day, create a chore chart to make your apartment clean (it will take you less than a half hour a day of cleaning to maintain a small apartment)
>>
>>17136702

Most of it is common sense

> live within your means
> no a diet of soda and chips is not good, try to cook food everyday
> learn to drink coffee, it's the cheapest stim and doesn't fuck ypur teeth like soda once you learn to drink it black
> brush and floss everyday
> keep your house somewhat tidy, having multiple garbage bins with plastic bags in them helps a lot
> treat work seriously, don't talk back to your boss, try to come with suggestions if you feel you have some, sometimes it is acceptable to draw a line in the sand if you pull your load in other areas
> be somewhat hygeinic
> keep hair short, much easier to manage
> weed is better than alcohol, but a drinking problem has less impact on your daily life than a weed problem for the first 10-20 years, after that your body turns to shit.
>>
>>17137326
I thought weed just inhibits almost all brain function after heavy, extended usage.

But anyway, thanks for these tips!
>>
>>17137303

>cleaning nearly half an hour daily in a small apartment

???
>>
File: WeDontKnowBlackBird.png (6 KB, 459x429) Image search: [Google]
WeDontKnowBlackBird.png
6 KB, 459x429
>>17136702
http://www.amazon.com/Real-Simple-Guide-Life-Adulthood/dp/0848742885

Just lol. Maybe it will help you :-)
>>
I missed a lot of stuff too anon, I made myself a list

>stretch everyday
>drink tons of water
>brush teeth, floss, mouthwash
>wash your face at least twice a day, use spf if you're going outside
>shower and good scrub everyday
>don't miss knees, elbows, feet, back, naughty bits and behind your ears
>wear clean undergarments and socks everyday
>clean bed sheets, pillow covers
>stay on top of your laundry
>moisturize head to toe everyday, never use body lotion on your face
>don't bite your nails
>don't procrastinate
>always show up at least 15 minutes early for any appointment (this looks really good at job interviews, trust)
>get enough sleep, not too much not too little
>veggies and fruit every single day
>don't stay in one spot too long, move your body
>don't slouch
>go pee after sex and wash your naughty bits again
>always wear protection
>don't eat in bed or in your room at all if you can
>never let dirty dishes touch the bottom of the sink, wash them immediately (this keeps them from becoming a pile)
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.