[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alone and Awks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1434987159863.gif (2 MB, 370x232) Image search: [Google]
1434987159863.gif
2 MB, 370x232
My first year of college is almost up Ive still yet to lose my virginity or get a girlfriend. I don't know why it so hard for my to find a girl these days. I don't want to lower my standards but it a pain being lonely.

One of my biggest problems is how I deal with meeting new people. I just don't feel comfortable around people I don't know. Any tips how to feel less awkward around others
>>
> I don't want to lower my standards but it a pain being lonely.
Sounds like you can't have both

>I just don't feel comfortable around people I don't know
Grow some balls
>>
>>17135583
The more you do it the less awkward it feels. Social skills can be like a muscle the more you use it the better your get at it. Get out of your comfort zone, you might fuck up sometimes, but that's part of the fun. You don't need a relationship to not feel lonely.
>>
>>17135583
accept that every one sitting around you in public areas wants a friend too and is too scared of approaching people.
>>
>>17135850
But that's wrong.
>>
Lowering your standards has nothing to do with getting laid. The only reason you are friendlier with uglier women is that you didn't see them as real romantic prospects.

Instead of going "I'm so desperate I'm going to fuck a fat chick!", why not go "I'm so desperate, I'm going to ask out a girl I'm interested in?"

I suspect you probably just need to go out and actually socialize with women. If you aren't doing that regularly you have no right to whine about being lonely and in all likelihood you don't actually want to be with other people.

If that's the case you'll just have to wait until someone floats on by.
>>
>>17135959
How does one meet women around 18-20 in NYC?
>>
if u arent fucking by the first month u lost
its too late now
>>
>>17135583
>I don't know why it so hard for my to find a girl these days
What do you mean with "These days" if you're a virgin?
>>
>>17136492
Idk why I said these days either
>>
>>17135959
But, you know, you people always say that it helps throwing yourself into it and that making mistakes is part of the process. But if you're at a college, with the same people around, and you "throw yourself into it" while still being awkward as fuck, you're just gonna give the other people a really bad/weird impression of you and i don't understand how you'd then have room for improvement, when you've already fucked up and basically told everyone how awkward you are to be around
>>
>>17136950
Then throw yourself at just talking to other people then, and being friends with them. That's much less awkward if you fail than trying to get dates.

You're worried you don't know how to approach women, and you worry people will think of you as being weird if you approach women for dates in a weird manner. But that shit doesn't happen when just trying to make friends. They might at most be a little confused by you if you only rarely say anything. The only reason anyone ever thinks anyone else is awkward is when someone else acts like they don't want to be talking to them, or around them at all.

Also, throwing yourself into something isn't as awkward as it sounds. It means turning around when someone says something that's pretty cool about a subject you like, maybe your favorite Sportsball team, or a cool vidya, or a piece of news you thought was interesting, and then talking with them. It's that simple.

Anon, what things do you like that you can do without a computer?
>>
>>17136487
This isn't always true. I just finished freshman year. I didn't pursue girls at all and then second semester cute girl sits at my table during dinner. She asks me out soon after and it's going really good. I got lucky but could happen to you too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.