[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Hey /adv/ so today i caused a girl to lose control of her car by almost hitting them with my car. I wasnt really that close to hitting her but she was talking on the phone and panicked. She swerved into a curb and her tire popped. I stopped to help her cause i thought that would be the right thing to do. I offered to pay for a replacement and i did. We exchanged info and kept the police out of it. She is trying to get me to pay for all the damages but i feel as though she is just trying to get me to give her more money. So what should i do? She claims that she is fully covered by her insurance. So should i just ignore her? She has my phone and license plate number as well as a picture of my id. Im worried that if i tell her to fuck off she will try to take my to court and sue me. So how should i handle this?
>>
>>17135534
You basically admitted it was your fault she crashed because you offered her to. It sucks get a lawyer.
>>
File: 1461665252527.png (110 KB, 461x533) Image search: [Google]
1461665252527.png
110 KB, 461x533
>>17135534

>i caused a girl to lose control

>I wasnt really that close to hitting her but she was talking on the phone and panicked.

She is at fault for not paying attention to the road.

>She swerved into a curb and her tire popped.

>I stopped to help her cause i thought that would be the right thing to do.

Sounds good so far...

>I offered to pay for a replacement and i did.

That's nice and all but would you have done the same if it wasn't a "girl"?

Don't bother asking here for legal advice, call a lawyer and get informed on the laws of your area.

She is exploiting the fact that you just pull out your wallet because she has a vagina. As soon as you realize this then do tell her to fuck off and lawyer up.
>>
>>17135534
Hmmm. You say that you have already paid her for the tire, right?

What was said after that?

This is actually a little more complex than it first seems.

It sounds to me, that you shouldn't have paid for the tire in the first place, because now you have accepted some sort of fault.

On the other hand, you have already paid for her tire. If she wanted you to pay for more, she would have verbally expressed that.

Just for future reference, there is a line in most car insurance policies that states you have a right to withhold fault until you have spoken yo your insurance company.
>>
>>17135560
So there is a way she can drag me to court? In addition to paying for the tire i also gave her 160 dollars to settle the mess but she still expects me to cough up more cash. And as for the lawyer part i cant afford one. Its kind of the reason why im trying to get out of this mess.
>>
>>17135534
You're a fucking beta cuck.
If she was on the phone and crashes, stop, ask "Are you physically hurt?" and if she says no, laugh at her, tell her "later, bitch. Don't use your phone in the car next time." and drive off.
Basically, you dun goofed now, as >>17135560 said. By paying for the tire and giving her your information, you basically legally said "I caused the accident".
>>
>>17135560
I agree with the first part, but a lawyer will be more expensive than any money she can get out of OP.
>>
>>17135580
Do some law research, there are free lawyer help out there but you need to look for it.
>>
>>17135619
Not OP, but free lawyers are generally means tested and the case might need to be legally valuable too. Not to mention OP might not live in the same place you do.
>>
>>17135534
You became the ultimate nu-male
>>
>>17135534
If your car isn't damaged and she has no witnesses, it's her word against yours. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
>>
Yeah this is what insurance is for. Part of the reason you pay them is so they can play the asshole and try and worm out of shit while you sit back and don't have to feel guilty. Here it would have been exchange insurance details, she'd attempt to claim for the repair, you'd deny it saying she did it herself as far as you are concerned and you saw she lost control while using her phone, they'd say it is basically your word against hers and in the absence of impartial 3rd party witnesses or further evidence she'd have to lawyer up (which would be an attempt to intimidate you because the facts haven't changed) if she wanted to take it further personally.

Srrs. In every case this goes down as no contest with no admission of fault off your insurance at best for her thus avoiding any increase in premiums anyway.

Another issue is that she believes that you are wholly to blame for this. She'll think you should cover all the damage. An impact that bursts a tyre isn't only a new tyre. It can easily write off the entire car and cause medical fucking issues.

Likelihood she is just a dumbass who feels aggrieved and feels she is helping you by asking you to pay for everything she has suffered because it is all your fault. In real life you invoke insurance, deny it and she learns a valuable life lesson while you negate some of your actual justifiable guilt by blaming the insurance company.
>>
>>17135534
>kept the police out of it.

Your first big mistake. In most places it is illegal to drive while on the phone, and that fact alone would have established that the accident was entirely her fault.

Hand this to your insurance company and make sure your narrative stresses the fact she was on her phone. They'll take it from there.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.