[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting Over An Ex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (2 MB, 1504x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1504x1000
Hey /adv/

It's been 10 fucking months since we broke up, and I still think of her every day, sometimes I even dream of us getting back togeather. How can I just get over her? How can I finally not think of her and fantasize about us being togeather?
>>
have you tried finding a new gf?
>>
>>17135399
Such is easier said then done
>>
>>17135411
you were charming enough to get one gf, you can get another
>>
>>17135427
Thanks mane, guess I just gotta keep looking.
>>
>>17135441
Or you can chill on looking and work on bettering yourself.
>>
Get distracted. I have one friend who is in the same situation but for about one year and months by now.
It's hard but try to do the things you are good at. Treat yourself nice, for once, be selfish and think about your happiness and not how your life would be if you were together. Go out, meet new people, get some exercise. Feel good about yourself. That's the best way. Get your mind occupied.
>>
>>17135394
Anon I am like you.

To be honest getting out with the bros and talking to other girls has helped me out a lot.

Do you I have feels still, yes.
Do I have the same crippling pain thinking about her? No.
>>
>>17135482
>>17135483
Thanks guys this means a ton. You dudes rock
>>
>>17135394
Have you tried online dating? Even just talking to other women might help take your mind off of your ex.
>>
>>17135427
What a complete load of horseshit.
>>
>>17135598
Why anon? OP should try again to get distracted.
>>
>>17135837
He probably should try again; but the idea that just because you dated someone once is a guarantee that it could happen again is absolute bullshit.
>>
>>17135394
She's not thinking of you, so find someone else more worthy for your attention, yourself.
>>
>>17135394
Try 3 years getting over her (incl. 2 of those years in a relationship with another girl), then another 4 years completely shut off from girls.
Definitely didn't work for me, but hey you might get lucky.
>>
Have you ever thought of the possibility of trying to work things with her? Maybe she still wants to be with you.
>>
I started distant studying to get over her. I will forever be thankful of her for dumping me.
>>
It goes away in time. Until it does, you have to learn to "change the channel" whenever thoughts of her pop into your head, hard as that is (it was for me too). But you gotta think about something else
>>
>>17136061
Not OP but is it ever appropriate and not completely desperate to reach out to her if she ended things? How long is long enough if you think she might still have feelings for you but is too stubborn to make the first step aftet she called it off in the first place?
>>
>>17136199
So you can do that right. You can reach out and shit and talk to her and she'll reply.

But, that same person isn't going to be there. It ultimately depends on how you guys broke your relationship off and if she has a bf. If she does, don't talk to her. If she doesn't and like 6+ months have passed, then ask her out for coffee, things may or may not happen depending on the person she is.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.