[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
crying and my girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1454311086625.jpg (366 KB, 600x802) Image search: [Google]
1454311086625.jpg
366 KB, 600x802
I find that I am too sensitive and have problems dealing with myself and sensitive topics related to my life. I just cry a lot in general. My partner does not feel good supporting me, does not feel sincere or invested doing so, and usually I have to comfort her later about the same thing. What do I do? How can I just, cry less? or reassure myself? I think this affects how loved I can feel sometimes, but I guess the main thing is that WHEN I cry, it just compounds with the fact that I've probably never been unconditionally loved or something like that. I really just want to avoid the situation and not feel so annoying or like a burden. It makes me really insecure.
>>
Bumping for this anon. I'm interested what /adv/ might say.
>>
>>17135361
thank you @_@
i basically just can't cry or be down on myself, it's on me to bring myself up, and i guess i've learned that i do just put myself down in the situation and i can stop that, because she is not being actively mean to me.
>>
>>17135368
When I was in middle school, in my young teen years, I used to cry quite a bit anon...

I got out the hard way, sucking it up. I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted, but that's my personal experience.
>>
Google "highly sensitive person" and get the book by Elaine Aron.

Self test: http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/

Wikipedia:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person
>>
>>17135313

Have they always been unsupportive? Or was it a gradual thing? If it was a gradual thing, maybe you do indeed get too emotional too often and need a better reign on your feelings. Not to say your feelings don't matter, but if it's an ongoing, frequent thing than it needs to be addressed for your own health.

If she were never supportive, or very little, then she's not right for you and that relationship isn't healthy. Your girlfriend/boyfriend should be in your corner, not emotionally distancing themselves. Especially if, like you said, they have a lot of the same issues. You'd think an amount of empathy would be there.

So they might not be a good match for you, but if they are or aren't doesn't matter so much as whats going on with you at an emotional level
>>
>>17135401
sort of always, its definitely a bit of both. she does try. its just that i have to clean up after myself big time. she is depressed and i HAVE hurt her.

>>17135377
i do need to stop beating myself up and suck it up, at least in part.
>>
>>17135313
you probably cry because you dont know why you want it you just do. usually when you know why you dont cry over it you just keep trying at it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.