[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think some people are just born sad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Do you think some people are just born sad?
>>
apparently depression can be passed along genetically, so yeah actually
>>
>>17135311
so is there a way for those types of people to ever become happy or is their natural state by default just "sad" forever?
>>
>>17135318
i hope so anon
>>
There's always happy pills. Or alternative behaviors/environments. Or just living with it. I've been functional my whole life without medication.
>>
>>17135328
is functional really the best we can hope for?
>>
>>17135328
Me too, but sometimes I worry that I'm missing out because my default is sort of melancholic at best.
I'm not incapable of being happy, happiness is just fleeting.
>>
>>17135318
Most of the people that I know just busy themselves so that they don't think to the sad things and it seems to work. I'd suggest, furthermore, to see the Maslow pyramid and the floor(s) you may need.
>>
>>17135334
Nah, therapy can do wonders anon.
>>
>>17135349
i've tried a few therapists. it doesn't work because though i'm very open about my problems, talking about them is boring and unsatisfying and i don't get anything about it. then they give me bullshit advice like to mediate or keep a journal

i'm not the OP so sorry if it's considered poor etiquette to hijack threads. but i don't know what to do anymore. i don't remember a time when i've felt like i have a place in this world. i don't /want/ to die, but i've finally lost hope that things will ever get better.

i don't know what to do.
>>
>>17135367
OP here, I don't mind, hijack away.
I feel very similarly actually, but I find it hard to express.
I've never tried therapy so I can't speak on that, but I've tried a lot of other things and while some (meditating, yoga) do work somewhat for me, I still feel this sort of restless, listless, sadness. Always.
No matter what I do it's always there and I've sort of grown to accept it as a part of me but I wish I didn't have it.
Sorry I can't offer you advice because I'm just as lost.
>>
>>17135308
no, some people carry a greater risk of depression because of certain genes but that doesnt mean its unavoidable as a kid
>>
>>17135308
>Do you think some people are just born sad?
I'm not sure it's possible to tell. Communication barriers and all that. But we have yet to find a gene that flat-out causes depression in any form -some that increase the risk, yes, but none that outright cause it- so I'm inclined to say no. There could be some epigenetic factors, but epigenetics is not yet understood well enough to make any definitive statements.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 640x480
I believe some people are born with more spirit in them, and if that is suppressed or undiscovered, it comes out as depression instead of curiosity and discovery.

Find new interests, take on jobs, fufill your wishes in new creative ways! If you fill your days with new and exciting activities, you won't even notice that you're not sad anymore.
>>
>>17135334
Not necessarily. I've had a few ups but lived with depression for so long that I felt uncomfortable in those situations. So I always bough out when things are going well. I prefer living in the melancholy. If you don't, you'll probably find something that makes you happy eventually. But you could easily have it worse than me. If that's the case, you might try taking advice from some of these more posanons. Such as therapy, medication, friends, hobbies, love interests. Although I suggest not crutching too hard on the love interest thing as that can always have a chance of having adverse effects in a heartbeat.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.