[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be in relationship with verbally/emotionally abusive guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1344781001883.jpg (235 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1344781001883.jpg
235 KB, 1280x1024
>be in relationship with verbally/emotionally abusive guy
>finally about to leave
>he breaks down
>says sorry
>says he'll change
>don't want to break his heart, so I stay
>he changed
>he's a better person
>i still want to leave
>feel stuck

I don't know what to do. He's a good person now and I don't want him to change, but I'm not interested in this relationship anymore.

We still have small problems, but he's such a fragile person, I'll literally destroy his world if we break up

I don't know what to do
>>
File: 1315105001887.jpg (83 KB, 498x363) Image search: [Google]
1315105001887.jpg
83 KB, 498x363
Who cares? And he didn't really change, he's just hiding his true self now because he doesn't want to be alone, as he's a cowardly sniveling little shit.
>>
When you leave his fragile little emotions that he used to take out on you won't be your problem anymore.

Anyway, if you're so worried about hurting him, cutting him off now is better than leading him on any longer.
>>
>>17135247
He's really changed I think

he really seems like he has
all his usual TRIGGERS don't trigger him anymore

He's still a little selfish though
>>
>>17135252
I keep thinking that the grass isn't really greener on the other side and that it'll be better if we stay together
>>
>>17135266
you wouldn't have made this thread if you don't want change on some level.

either you two are gonna have a talk and work some shit out and he's gonna be less selfish (have you been clear about your needs and all that, is he aware of how what he is doing is bad?) or you'll follow your heart and leave him

honestly it sounds like you're weighed down by the investment you put in him

just gooooooo
>>
>>17135273
he keeps saying how much he loves me too
it sucks

i just don't know how to end it

I get lonely and think i want him, but then I have him and all he does is bother me
>>
nothing else?

/adv/ you're usually so good to me
>>
>>17135337

I don't like that he was abusive to you in the beginning. Its like he thought he could get away with treating you like shit, so he did. When he found out you were going to leave him, then he changes his tune.

To me that's disingenuous and shady as fuck. I don't like it, I don't trust it, and I still think you should abandon that fragile, venomous creature
>>
>>17135337
Have you considered suicide?
>>
>>17135344
yes

daily
>>
>>17135374

JUST
>>
>>17135242
you probably feel like him being a good person is temporary or you still havent forgiven his motives from before and is making you love him less. i would give a bit more longer here and you wouldnt feel stuck
>>
All abusers eventually relapse. You can wait for it or you can let him know you're scared it'll happen again. I don't know how severe the situation has been but it could be building up to a real beat down when it happens next.
>>
>>17135242

Which country do you live in OP? Jw
>>
>>17135242
People dont change you motherfucker. Basically you value his happiness over yours. If thats something you want then get prepared to marry him and be miserable the rest of your life. You two are going to slip up eventually unless you decide to marry him so just get it over with.
>>
>>17135909

> All abusers eventually relapse
How do you know ?
You don't.
Stop stating bullshit as if it was fact.

OP, just tell him you don't enjoy the relationship and leave.
>>
OP, personally I don't know much about abusive relationships and I certainly don't know anything about yours in particular but I have read that it is quite common of domestic abuse victims to have a similar mentality to what you're describing. The fact is, if you don't want to be with him anymore then fear of what he might do or for his mental health shouldn't be your problem. The abuse is quite often learned from a young age and as a behavioural pattern is unlikely to go away despite what it seems like now.

I'd recommend talking to people in your support network (family, friends) especially those who know him and asking them about the changes. Even if someone else knows about the situation and can check in with you again in a couple of weeks to reaffirm your decision in case you need more help leaving or dealing with stuff.

Good luck.
>>
>>17135943
My bad. Didn't mean to strike a cord there. Please don't hit me.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.