[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to come to terms with dying alone? So I'm getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1458851740415.jpg (42 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1458851740415.jpg
42 KB, 600x1067
How to come to terms with dying alone?

So I'm getting old, and I haven't had a relationship in a few years. To be honest, I've turned down some chances because I couldn't see myself loving/spending the rest of my life with those people so why put us through that inevitable emotional turmoil? The ones I truly fell in love with ended up not caring for me as much as I did them. That's life. Those chances seem to be getting fewer and fewer, and I'm pretty embarrassed now going to family dinners stag when my older siblings are married and with children now.

A relationship for me has always been mostly an emotional/intellectual level, not so much about looks. I wouldn't consider myself vain, it's just hard to find people I think 'there's someone with strong morals, beliefs and knows how to have fun' that suits me. 27 year old guy, don't really know how to find what I'm looking for anymore. Dating sites and bars are pretty much a negative. Is it time to buy a pet and become a crazy cat/dog man?
>>
First all , youre young, and you dont need to search for perfect match you will never find one, bars are for fucking ,date sites are for desperates looners, you want someone specifically? Then make that kind of people come to you, create.a blog about avant garde art or any shit you love, interesting people will come at you, i dont know if you get the point, i meet.bunch of interesting girls that i date and became friends to , by uploading draws and poems to instagram of things i like, sounds cringy but it worked, you want that people notice you then offer them something , write a book, play some instrument, whatever but do something
>>
File: 1410683616168.jpg (6 KB, 153x207) Image search: [Google]
1410683616168.jpg
6 KB, 153x207
>>17135211
I do some writing actually, nothing incredibly serious but when I feel some inspiration I like to get into it a bit. Maybe a writing site, I don't really know how to go about it. I'm not looking for a perfect match by any means, just someone that's compatible with me. And not in a similar interests sense, I don't need them to be a carbon copy of me without a penis. But sharing something like a love for writing isn't a bad start. Tell me more!
>>
>>17135129

>getting old
>27

It always makes me laugh when people give up on their lives when it's barely begun. People are such pussies.
>>
>>17135229

27 is getting up there when you eventually want kids and have the youth to play with them/not die on them before they reach their mid 20s. I think about these things
>>
>>17135235

Your view on age is terrible. My parents were still very active in their 40s and still are even in their 60s.
>>
>>17135265
So are mine, but you never know how things'll pan out. I'm not obese or anything but some people have heart attacks in their early 50s who seemed otherwise healthy.

Sooner than later is basically my motto right now anyways. I know people should be fine going into their 30s single, but I'm not personally. It's not something I want to do, and it might work for other people, which is great. But not for me
>>
This thread is just attention whoring.
>>
>>17135275

It's true that I never know, but there's lots of steps I can take to not become fat and take care of my body.

You're not even thirty yet and you're already getting your nuts in a twist because you're not with someone. You need to spend some time being happy with yourself instead of putting this high level of importance on something that you will have years of time to acquire - and on top of that, the value of a man increases as he ages. Women are the ones who need to have the mindset you're looking for, since their exquisite beauty only lasts so long - some mature into beauty, most ruin themselves with their habits.

You need to relax, bro. Stop planning out the future if you don't know what's ahead, and start taking each day one step at a time.
>>
File: 1414984257117.jpg (25 KB, 241x291) Image search: [Google]
1414984257117.jpg
25 KB, 241x291
>>17135283

Can you explain that logic?

>>17135284

I am happy with myself. But even happy people feel less happy when they don't have a significant other in their life for a long period of time. I'm ready for the next step in my life though, simple as that. I get where you're coming from but it's just not enough anymore. Find me a qt gf please
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.