[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to get one of those minimum wage jobs this week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1461780774394.jpg (327 KB, 736x1475) Image search: [Google]
1461780774394.jpg
327 KB, 736x1475
I'm going to get one of those minimum wage jobs this week so I get out of my house. It's my psychiatrist's idea.

Any tips? Is applying in person or online? Random Japanese princess. I'm 20 btw.
>>
>>17135018

Good on your psychiatrist, my part time job is the number one thing that helps with my depression. I sit around for six hours while strangers talk to me and ask me how I'm doing and get paid for it. You feel productive and your coworkers are also cool, nice people your age.

I'd avoid food service, because it can be pretty stressful due to the pacing. A lot of retail positions in your local mall are easy gigs because you're usually two people working a pretty small store.

Bring some resume's to drop off. A lot of places will tell you to apply online, but that's okay. My manager usually meets with anyone who tries to drop off a resume and gets their name so she can look for their online application when it comes in.

Good luck!
>>
Ganbatte hime-sama
>>
>>17135018
One minimum wage job isn't enough to move out. Resume's aren't really necessary for retail jobs or anything that doesn't require actual skill.
>>
>>17135018
Appy online to jobs you could care less if you get, go in and appy in person to the ones you would seriously enjoy and want

You going to want to do this to hide your lack of enthusiasm for the jobs you care less about, and show your enthusiasm for the ones you really do care for
>>
File: 1459976644093.jpg (73 KB, 549x581) Image search: [Google]
1459976644093.jpg
73 KB, 549x581
>>17135018
Don't forget to try applying for government jobs. Also, there are tons of secretarial and front desk positions out there that are good paying that aren't that stressful. Good luck out there.
>>
>>17136472
I meant literally stepping outside of my parents house.

I'm off school.
>>
>>17135018
L O N D O N
>>
>>17137156
Her sister was living in England secretly for a while.
>>
>>17135018
If you're looking to get started a temo agency can be helpful for you.
>>
>>17135040
Holy shit, this. I'm glad I'm not the only one who benefits from having a job in this way.

In regards to resumes, you won't need one for applying to larger chain stores (they'll have either online apps, or physical ones for sure) BUT- applying to local small businesses will be much easier if you have a simple resume to throw at them when you walk in and ask about a job.
I focused my recent job hunt on local places, because they tend to be better quality, employment wise. Much more laid back, more likely to make you full time eventually (at least in the US. A lot of companies here, if you're in an industry that requires no education - retail, food service, etc - will avoid full time employees for financial reasons, unless you move up to management level.)

Google "functional resumes" and throw together a quick, simple one, for those businesses that are small enough to not keep applications on hand. It's worth it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.