[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ how do i quit smoking pot? Always have been a heavy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ImTheDog.jpg (169 KB, 500x526) Image search: [Google]
ImTheDog.jpg
169 KB, 500x526
Hey /adv/ how do i quit smoking pot?

Always have been a heavy pot smoker since about 17-18. I've never had a problem until now.
I'm 19 now and i gotta figure out my life, but i always wanna get baked. I have no motivation to do anything, and i work two jobs.
I still haven't told the first job that i accepted another part time job. Sometimes i'll come to work really burnt out, it probably shows. I just stopped caring.
I'll hangout with friends and we all do is smoke pot, we all smoke a lot of weed. I just started dating one of my best friends, she smokes a lot too and its still early into the relationship but we don't do anything but smoke. I do like her, shes sweet and trustworthy. She's really pretty, probably the best looking girl I've ever dated.

Also I feel as if i'm starting to ignore my family, i do nothing to be independent so i really rely on my family to house/feed me, i buy all the other stuff. I'm not on good terms with my mother, i don't live with my dad so hes pretty much non-existent, I meet him for an hour every one or two weeks. My father smokes pot and see's nothing wrong with it. My mom is really against it, i live with her. Sometimes my room will smell like pot and my mother gets pissed.

Currently writing this under the influence of marijuana and i know its about time i should stop. I've been smoking for pretty much 2years straight. Longest T-break i've ever gone on was 2 weeks. Life just feels like a blur and remembering shit is a no go. I've become really anxious and depressed, its about time to stop. My moms threatening to kick me out for good.
I need to grow up and figure my shit out.

Sorry i don't know what to do, i need some good advice, also needed to vent. I don't open up to anyone.
>>
>>17134830
To each his own, but just stop.
You've spent two years stoned.
I spent ten.
My father spent forty.
Just stop.
>>
>>17134839
I know, I'm surrounded by great friends who all are also habitual smokers. My neighbor is my dealer. I'm gonna try and stop, it'll just be hard.
>>
>>17134830
>How do I stop [something I choose to do]?
This is your problem, bonehead, you have no self-control, and honestly, I can't guarantee there's anything that can be done for it. You either have it or you don't. It isn't usually something you just magically gain overnight. Because really, it isn't hard to NOT waste money on something you don't need. You could try getting caught or doing something that'll throw you in jail. I guarantee you won't be smoking any pot there
>>
>>17134859
Okay Mr.run-on-sentences. Thanks for giving it to me with the sass.
>>
It is possible to balance the pleasure of smoking with taking responsibility for your actions in life. It has different effects on different people though, some become calm, some become paranoid, some find it very easy to concentrate while high on THC, some won't be able to focus on anything more than a span of three seconds.

If what it does to your body and mind is something you feel is not worth it, you should be able to work up the motivation to stop. Just look into the jaw of the lion that will eat you if you continue your ways.

But like I said, it is sometimes possible to balance both. Carl Sagan did.
>>
>>17134868
Truth bites, babe. But I'll humour myself and give you the benefit of the doubt. Let's see if we can find a solution to it instead. Let me ask you, why do you smoke the shit in the first place? Also consider your aformentioned friends. Are they such a positive influence on you when you take away the drug-induced indulgence? People are more influenced by the people around them then they may notice.
>>
Okay, this is going to seem counterintuitive but...

Right now you probably have some image of yourself. The "bad" you - the pot smoker/person who leeches of your family/uncaring person. And the "good/real" you that your mother will be proud of, employers will like, etc. Anytime you do something bad, you attribute it to your bad self that just can stop smoking pot.

But in reality this isn't true. You are 1 person. You do pot because its advantages outweigh the downsides for you, and you are free to make that choice. If you decide pot is good, then it's good, other peoples opinions be damned.

Right now the pot has the added benefit of being a "guilty pleasure", and each time you use it, you feel like it will be last time anyway, so whats the harm? And it's the "bad" you anyway.

Instead, next time you use it you should try to realise that you are totally free to take it. You might sacrifice your future somewhat each time you smoke, but that is YOUR choice. And *you* think it is right.

Once you start doing this, pot will start losing some of its magic "guilty pleasure" feeling and also you will feel more in control. At that point, you *may* choose to stop smoking pot, but it will feel like a step forward instead of "finally fixing your mistake".

Good luck bud!
>>
There is still a bit of propaganda leftover from the whole WoD shit of the last century. The number of deaths from alcohol and tobacco is significantly higher, yet the majority of members of society feel this Christian "sin" for touching the "illegal" substance.

I would recommend though to stay away from mind altering substances until late 20s. By then you will have some discipline and will be able to appreciate them better without falling into abuse. Unless your life really sucks, in which case even rats turn to drugs.
>>
>>17134901
Morpheous?
>>
File: 7-sephiroth-a.jpg (100 KB, 1116x800) Image search: [Google]
7-sephiroth-a.jpg
100 KB, 1116x800
>>17134830
>She's really pretty, probably the best looking girl I've ever dated.
Good for you Anon, I'm dating one too. How sweet is it to watch her hit the bong in lingerie? My god.
>i know its about time i should stop
Because your momma doesn't like it or what? Let me tell you something, son, everything in life is about balance and discipline. It sounds like you're blazing your ass off like many other youngins before you. Enjoy this time because yes, eventually you will need to balance out your usage into something healthier. Each person has his own weed plan. Mine is that I only smoke with pussy, best friends once a week, and myself once a week. So that's twice a week, possibly more if I'm getting pussy with it.

My plan motivates me to get pussy while still letting me smoke once a weed with friends and once a week with myself. Is it hard to not blaze up during the week? Yes and no - it's worth it to be able to sleep and not sweat through my suit.

That's right - I wear a suit and make a salary your bitch ass momma would drool over. I've smoked since I was 14 years old hitting the hash in Germany (shout out to my Kriftel people).

Don't ever let someone tell you what you do with your weed - you can be successful. You can smoke and be someone, but it takes discipline and work. Your life, your choice.

Throughout my life I've smoked everywhere from once a month to 500mg+ a day, every day.

Weed has side effects when you stop. Mine were extreme mood swings, insomnia, intense sweating, and paranoia. Google "titrating" and use it when you wean yourself off.
>>
>>17134881
Carl Sagan did
Truth. And Carl was one of the smartest people walking the Earth. Balance.
>>17134868
I laughed
>>17134888
>Truth bites, babe.
I laughed but then your post turned straight bitch. Waaa other people, influence. Are you a female or just gay? Yes, integrate into society but be your own person for fuck's sake.
>>
well you could sign up for housing and get your own spot since u grind.Smoke poking may stop when you gotta pay bills on your own
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.