[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The MCAT is crushing my hopes and dreams. Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
The MCAT is crushing my hopes and dreams. Help
>>
>>17134586
that shits not that hard bro. you have to not give up and adapt yourself.

- MD
>>
>>17134617

I made bad last year, studied for three months, and made 1 point worse. I've started studying again after I got rejected in March and it's like the more I study, the more fucked I feel because I keep finding more stuff I don't know. I think I'm getting better at test taking but content wise it's killing my motivation
>>
The MCAT isn't easy, but studying for it is. Just do a practice one, figure out which specific sections you make mistakes in. Then study those sections, do a few dozen more questions similar to the one you made a mistake in. Keep doing this until you can get 45 at least once in a practice (even if it's virtually impossible, it'll make sure you keep improving so you don't throw on the actual exam)
>>
>falling for the medicine meme
>>
>>17134649

Who makes the best practice tests? I bought the Sterling practice tests, did all of them, and was making in the 30ish range (I guess on the new test that'd be like a 505?). Then I made a 496.
>>
>>17134699
30ish range? Goodness sake, you're doing well! Don't look so down on yourself!

I've heard great things about the kaplan books. I haven't tried them, but I've seen their name pop up a lot. Look into them and see whether or not you like it
>>
>>17134653
Elaborate please. I'm not OP but I'm thinking of going into medicine. I wanna hear you're thoughts and if it's worth it?
>>
>>17135480
If you want to become a doctor solely for the money, you're better off finding a different career path. Seriously. Anon is right, too many premeds are falling for the medicine meme and are hilariously failing at it. Don't be that guy.
>>
>>17134790
Same, I've heard that Kaplan makes great, easily comprehensible practice guides with practice tests.

I'm taking the MCAT next year so I've started to look for studying tips and advice as well.

I would take a prep course but those are typically extremely expensive. Princeton Review apparently has some awesome guides as well, but I've heard they are not as easily understood as Kaplan's.
>>
>>17134645
It may be test anxiety. For me, the more I build a test up, the more anxious I get and upon test day, my mind goes blank. It happens to me a lot. The worst was my first year in uni after I transferred from cc in my O-Chem. O-Chem I was fucking horrible for me. I ended up having to retake it but still did not do very well this semester despite studying for weeks on end for the tests. While I believe I passed the class, I'm going to see my school's counseling services to see if I can get my shit together, at least regarding test anxiety.

You should definitely look into that. A lot of times, it's not that you don't know the material, it's the design and reputation of the test that will fuck you up.

I've read that you have to mentally prepare yourself months in advance to feel comfortable with the testing environment in general.

Change your schedule to fit around the test. A.k.a. wake up every day at the same time, do the same things at the same time, etc. etc.That way when you take the test, it will be just a relatively normal day.
>>
>>17134586
shouldve kept ur bio notes
all else fails, take the mcat in mexico
>>
Why the fuck is that skelly using the CRT while it's open? That shit has like 20000 volts running through it.
>>
>>17136161

How do you think he became skelly?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.