[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some general tips for a soon-to-be college student?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
What are some general tips for a soon-to-be college student?
>>
>>17134459

talk to everyone, just act like its normal and people will see it taht way. people only see you acting awkward if you think you're acting awkward.

actually study. dont just do homework. study it. review your homework. even if it sjust a half hour before bed where you review the homework itself. but seriously, read what you can.

try not to waste any time. its okay to have relaxation time, but when you have a giant block of time you dont know what you're doing with, try to schedule only part of it as relaxation and the rest as reading course work, etc.

look for podcasts on subjects you are studying that week for even more knowledge.

try to read ahead but only ever by one lesson. anyhting more you'll start to confuse yourself.

eat healthy food for at leat one meal a day, cuz that cafeteria junk will make you pudge out.

if you experiment iwth your sexuality, do it with someone who isn't out of the closet. homos dont learn not to kiss and tell until later on (plus oyu'll have more fun with someone else experimenting imo)
>>
Don't take out too many loans if you ever want to own a house one day.

Be sure to chat with your dorm neighbors, great way to make friends.

Don't stick with it if you're unhappy (beyond the usual stress of academia). Find another major or school.
>>
Pick a real major that can actually net you a job, avoid things like underwater basket weaving.
When you're taking things like calculus, chemistry, and physics the homework is going to be boring, but you need to do it.
Make friends with everyone you can and treat people with respect. Listen to your professors when they tell you to do x,y, or z to succeed, they have seen many kids fail and it occasionally bothers them.
>>
>>17134467

So you've decided to be an utter faggot.

K. Blow me.
>>
>>17134459
Get in and get out. The real world has much more experience to teach you.

Also, take summer classes if you can. I found them to be a lot more relaxed and enjoyable and it kept me on track despite going from bio -> neuro -> applied math
>>
>>17134465
>talk to everyone, just act like its normal and people will see it taht way. people only see you acting awkward if you think you're acting awkward.
DO THIS YOU FAGGOT YOU CAN MAKE SO MANY GODDAMN FRIENDS
>>
>>17134459
Get your priorities straight.

School first, partying second.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.